Status
Not open for further replies.

srmsrm

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have Office 365 (up to date).

I am using my Contact folder with a local PST file on my computer.

I have a custom form with multiple custom fields.

Using the control toolbox I added a combo box using the Microsoft Forms 2.0 control. I then added a new text field with the possible values, etc.

I see the field in the contact form and all is OK. As soon as I try to display the new field in the folder using a table display, no data displays. When I remove the field, all the data displays in the table view.

I created a new view with just that new field and no data displays.

I have repaired the PST file multiple times.

Other fields of the same type are appearing with no issues.

Any suggestions why my new custom field does not appear in my views?

Shawn

Follow this :-
-Open the View Settings dialog from the View ribbon. In Outlook 2007 and older, its Customize view and you can right click on the header row above the message list and choose Custom or Customize View (Outlook 2007 and older) from the bottom of the menu.
-Click Columns to open the Show Columns dialog.
-Click New Column button.
-Create a custom field of the Yes/No type and add it to the view.
-Click Other Settings.
-Enable in-cell editing so you can check (or uncheck) it to mark an item.
-Return to Outlook.
-Click in the column you just added to mark a message
Hope this helps you

JesseWalter375:

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately no matter what I tried it would not work. I had to create a new PST file and new form to get it to work.

With the old PST file, I tried new folders, new forms, new fields (also would not display in any view type), etc. I also tried repairing my PST multiple times, but still no luck. Maybe the form and/or my PST file was bad.

Again, I really appreciated your help.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
G Entered data in custom field goes in card and does not stay in list view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Copy Contact field to Appointment Custom Form Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Create a custom field for Outlook messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a Custom Numbering Field for Outlook messages Using Outlook 0
M Clear custom date field after recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F copy data in Custom Field to other folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T What code to use to move the custom field values to message body when sending e-mail ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
V Using custom field data in mail body + mailto hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
L Quick step to fill custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Randy Redekopp Filtering a view based on a custom field Using Outlook 1
M moving custom field data between outlook and excel? Using Outlook 4
M Copy "To" Address Value from a Newly Created Email to the "To" Address Field of Custom Form Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010 - Need help with a custom field. Using Outlook 3
D Custom Form - Show field-filled doc a or b based on value of field x Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How to create a user defined dropdown list field for a custom contact form Using Outlook 3
S Custom field not populating in Custom View or Mail Merge Exchange Server Administration 2
S User defined field not showing in Custom view Exchange Server Administration 0
C Tasks > Field Chooser > Fields with dropdown menu (eg. Status). How to custom? Using Outlook 6
P Custom field is read only Using Outlook 1
H How can you add a URL field in a Outlook Custom Contact form? Using Outlook 6
C Custom Form that allows a single SMTP header to be parsed to Field Chooser? Using Outlook 4
B Field Chooser missing custom form fields Using Outlook 0
R Need code to gather value of custom field on addressentry.details dialog box Using Outlook 3
G Displaying value of task subject field as values from two custom fields Using Outlook 4
K Can't use links in Outlook custom form text field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
0 Add a date stamp to the note field of a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Making field editable in custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Make field searchable in custom form in outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Custom Yes/No column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Adding Custom Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
N "Perform a Custom Action" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0