Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox

PinkFloydEffect

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have been trying to figure out why my mobile email never seems to sync my inbox automatically. I use an iPhone, and have tried several different mail clients including Outlook and Apples mail app. My email account is with AOL, and the best thing I found to work was using AOLs mail app...generally the badge icon displayed the accurate number of new emails. I use the Outlook app on my desktop PC and it works great, I thought for a while that leaving it open may intercept new emails preventing them from being delivered to my mobile app but it does not help if I I close my desktop Outlook app.

As a side question, I am also curious how to get my mobile app to use the same spam filtering my desktop app uses or has learned over the years. When I open my mobile app it then syncs and displays tons of spam which stays there until I open my desktop app which uses its spam filter and moves them to the spam folder. I thought leaving my desktop app open would act as a mail server and automatically move spam with the mobile app reflecting how my desktop has moved the spam. If I mark them as spam in my mobile app it does not route them to the same spam folder in my desktop app.
At one point I even ran 3 or 4 mobile email apps at the same time to see which would sync and receive new emails first or most consistently but that seemed to work even worse, as if it had too many options so it just decided not to send them to any of the apps at all. So I tested them independently and you could wait for days for the badge icon to show the number of new emails, the apps only sync when you open them...I looked hard in the settings for a sync or refresh-rate setting but there is none. I really do not want to rely on AOLs mobile app because I have other email accounts I want to add to my phone. I made sure my desktop and mobile app(s) were configured as IMAP, because POP will be a mess if I am using both mobile and desktop mail clients...plus I would rather have the security of my emails being on a server somewhere.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
M Mobile notifications and sync in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
G Outlook 2016: reply icon not showing when replied from mobile Using Outlook 3
GregS Sync contacts Outlook.com to "MS People" mobile Using Outlook 1
P I'm getting an error when opening Outlook "Mobile me stopped working Using Outlook 1
S Need solution to Outlook mail handling/syncing/mobile situation, please Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Mobile Contacts Using Outlook 1
G How to make outlook show as unread messages I read in my mobile ph or tablet Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 removes + from mobile numbers Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 Pro 32bit not recognized by Mobile Device Center Using Outlook 2
D How to push a second outlook 2007 'private' calendar on exchange 2007 to my mobile phone. Using Outlook 1
T Can Windows 7 64 bit Outlook 2007 be set up to sync with Apple Mobile me? Using Outlook 2
D Underliverable Message after deleting mobile account in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 10
D Show Outlook 2010 Calendar Category Colors on my Mobile Phone. Using Outlook 2
L Sync Outlook data with window mobile 6.1 Using Outlook 6
B Outlook with BCM 2010 and Windows Mobile will not sync contacts separately Using Outlook 1
R Hi, Is Outlook 2010 compatible thru active sync with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. Using Outlook 4
C Old personal PST calendar: want to sync it to outlook.com business email so it syncs to my mobile easily. Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2007 and mobile devices having trouble with Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 Vista 64bit not recognized by Mobile Device Center Using Outlook 2
A Inaccurate transfer of files when syncing 2 windows mobile devices(htc touch pro II's) to outlook on pc-using Using Outlook 1
A outlook 2010 and windows mobile device center Using Outlook 1
L outlook 2010 with business contact manager not syncing business contacts with Windows Mobile 5 Using Outlook 4
V synch mobile me with outlook Using Outlook 1
R T-mobile Blackberry bold syncing Outlook with Hotmail Using Outlook 1
T Synching calendar from outlook 2010 to Samsung mobile Using Outlook 1
E Using Windows mobile device centre to syncronize mobile with Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010 and Mobile Me Using Outlook 9
J Syncing mobile phone with Outlook Using Outlook 1
N Windows Mobile Device Center and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Windows Mobile Device Center unable to recognize Outlook 10 Using Outlook 0
P Is there a way to modify my shared Outlook calendar via my mobile phone Using Outlook 3
D Sync Outlook 2010 to Win Mobile 5 Using Outlook 6
M Can outlook express or Outlook detect the IP address of the mobile broadband user Using Outlook 0
E windows mobile 6.1 et outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Synching Outlook 2010 with Windows Mobile 6.1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Outlook Mobile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B RE: Outlook 2007 - SMS Link (mobile text) crashing outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 2
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1