That's odd, it has always worked for me.
Sounds like you did it right, but to be sure -
on the old computer, you went to RoamCache, CORRECT
copied the StreamAutocomplete*****.dat file with the latest date. CORRECT
Then you put that in RoamCache on the new computer, and re-named it with the same name as the existing file on the new computer (after changing that new one to ****.old) CORRECT
Make sure Outlook is closed when doing this. CORRECT
After opening Outlook on the new computer, try sending an email to an email address you've not sent to before, close Outlook and see if the .dat file has updated and therefore has the current time and date. CORRECT BUT AFTER THIS YOU DID NOT SAY TO START OUTLOOK BY USING THE RUN WINDOW AND EXECUTING RUN OUTLOOK.EXE /INPORTNK2. I STARTED OUTLOOK TWICE, ONCE WITHOUT THE COMMAND, AND ONCE WITH IT. THEN I SENT OUT AN EMAIL TO A NONEXISTENCE NEW NAME (NO NAMES WERE PROVIDED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM OUTLOOK, SO AUTOCOMPLETE IS STILL NOT WORKING!
If it does not, then outlook is not using it. Try the copy/rename again. CORRECT
I sent a picture of the dat files. The large one was the one I copied and renamed as the same one that was largest on new computer. But when I opened Outlook and send a new message to a new email name, it was the top file that was update (to a slightly larger size and the correct date, not the larger one which was imported and renamed!)
I haven't done anything with NKEdit. I would have to study it before doing so. It is not readily apparent what to do with the long list of 400 names it generates on the original pc. The program has so many options that I will have to study them to see what to do with the file. Besides, I haven't the faintest idea of where I should put the names. Hoping to hear from you again.
If it does have the current time, then I would check the file size to see if it is the same size as the .dat file on the old computer, to make sure you did not somehow mess up the copy/rename.
If still no luck, try using the NK2Edit software Diane recommends on that page. I used it only once, can't quite remember the technique but it was intuitive I think.
You would have to put the old .dat file anywhere on the new computer, use the software to copy the contents, then insert it into the current .dat file, I think.