outlook AdvanceFind dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ashish

We can search mail under any folder by clicking on AdvanceFind. Outlook open

a new dialog box/ Here we can specity what mails we want.

Can we handle this in outlook addin when we click on findnow in Advance Find

dialog?

Can we know the event called by FindNow.
 
The Advanced Find dialog is not exposed to developers and fires no Outlook

object model events. The only event you'd get is the Click event for that

menu command.

FYI, please include your version of Outlook whenever you post to an Outlook

forum.

Sue Mosher

"Ashish" <akohli_2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:%23z2K3pXfKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> We can search mail under any folder by clicking on AdvanceFind. Outlook
> open a new dialog box/ Here we can specity what mails we want.
> Can we handle this in outlook addin when we click on findnow in Advance
> Find dialog?
> Can we know the event called by FindNow.
>
 
I'm not sure what the user wants those events for, but you could get an

event when Advanced Find was run if you go about it indirectly.

Advanced Find creates a temporary search folder. If you get the search

folders root folder under Finder and handle the FolderAdd event on that

Folders collection you'd know when an Advanced Find had been run (and when a

new search folder was created).

If it was anything older than Outlook 2007 you'd need to use Redemption code

to get to Finder, but it definitely could be done that way.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" <suemvp@gmail.com> wrote in message

news:ucnD3bZfKHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> The Advanced Find dialog is not exposed to developers and fires no Outlook
> object model events. The only event you'd get is the Click event for that
> menu command.

> FYI, please include your version of Outlook whenever you post to an
> Outlook forum.
> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Ashish" <akohli_2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23z2K3pXfKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > We can search mail under any folder by clicking on AdvanceFind. Outlook
> > open a new dialog box/ Here we can specity what mails we want.
> > Can we handle this in outlook addin when we click on findnow in Advance
> > Find dialog?
> > Can we know the event called by FindNow.
> >


>
 
Cool. That could have interesting applications.

Sue Mosher
<kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:%23ae9anZfKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I'm not sure what the user wants those events for, but you could get an
> event when Advanced Find was run if you go about it indirectly.

> Advanced Find creates a temporary search folder. If you get the search
> folders root folder under Finder and handle the FolderAdd event on that
> Folders collection you'd know when an Advanced Find had been run (and when
> a new search folder was created).

> If it was anything older than Outlook 2007 you'd need to use Redemption
> code to get to Finder, but it definitely could be done that way.

> >

>

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" <suemvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ucnD3bZfKHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > The Advanced Find dialog is not exposed to developers and fires no
> > Outlook object model events. The only event you'd get is the Click event
> > for that menu command.
>

>> FYI, please include your version of Outlook whenever you post to an
> > Outlook forum.
> > > > Sue Mosher
> > >> >> >
>
>> "Ashish" <akohli_2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23z2K3pXfKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> We can search mail under any folder by clicking on AdvanceFind. Outlook
> >> open a new dialog box/ Here we can specity what mails we want.
> >> Can we handle this in outlook addin when we click on findnow in Advance
> >> Find dialog?
> >> Can we know the event called by FindNow.
> >>

>

>>

>
 
Thanks

So it's not possible in outlook 2003 without redemption right?

For outlook 2007, As you said outlook creates a temporary folder for that,

i'll check it in folder_add. But my motive is when outlook search mails when

i click on find now, it should include show some more mails which i want to

give.
<kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:%23ae9anZfKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I'm not sure what the user wants those events for, but you could get an
> event when Advanced Find was run if you go about it indirectly.

> Advanced Find creates a temporary search folder. If you get the search
> folders root folder under Finder and handle the FolderAdd event on that
> Folders collection you'd know when an Advanced Find had been run (and when
> a new search folder was created).

> If it was anything older than Outlook 2007 you'd need to use Redemption
> code to get to Finder, but it definitely could be done that way.

> >

>

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" <suemvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ucnD3bZfKHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > The Advanced Find dialog is not exposed to developers and fires no
> > Outlook object model events. The only event you'd get is the Click event
> > for that menu command.
>

>> FYI, please include your version of Outlook whenever you post to an
> > Outlook forum.
> > > > Sue Mosher
> > >> >> >
>
>> "Ashish" <akohli_2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23z2K3pXfKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> We can search mail under any folder by clicking on AdvanceFind. Outlook
> >> open a new dialog box/ Here we can specity what mails we want.
> >> Can we handle this in outlook addin when we click on findnow in Advance
> >> Find dialog?
> >> Can we know the event called by FindNow.
> >>

>

>>

>
 
I don't understand your explanation, sorry.

Outlook 2003 would also create the temporary search folder. The difference

is that you can't get to Finder in Outlook 2003 without using Redemption or

another low level API. In Outlook 2007 you can get there with just the

Outlook object model.

This would also be a transient solution. Unless the search folder is

persisted it will be deleted when the user closes the Advanced Find dialog.

"Ashish" <akohli_2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:u8iZ7wkfKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thanks
> So it's not possible in outlook 2003 without redemption right?
> For outlook 2007, As you said outlook creates a temporary folder for that,
> i'll check it in folder_add. But my motive is when outlook search mails
> when i click on find now, it should include show some more mails which i
> want to give.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Hotmail drafts started on desktop disappear, but show in web version of Outlook Using Outlook 0
Z Hotmail account deleted from outlook and issue with account not exist Using Outlook 0
J 'Name on the security certificate is invalid or...' - Outlook on desktop talking to hotmail.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
J Outlook, Word, Access crash unless run in Admin mode - time dependent it seems Using Outlook 10
T Why do Outlook Desktop 2021 tasks from my wife's email show up in my task pane? Using Outlook 2
B Delete Read Receipts in Your Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook changes the "Modified" field when moving/copying a Contact. Using Outlook 0
macdotcom Outlook 365 Outlook folder export to PST archival tool - close, but need a nudge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2016 still feature updating Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about Outlook 2021 and Gmail Using Outlook 9
J Outlook VBA to send from Non-default Account & Data Files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Limited Support for 3rd Party Mail in new Outlook? Using Outlook 1
O Any 3rd party tool that sync (mirror) from Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar? Using Outlook 5
T Outlook is categorizing emails incorrectly Using Outlook 1
R Legacy Outlook on Mac Email Cache Using Outlook 0
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 6
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 12
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
L Opening People Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2

Similar threads

Back
Top