Addin / macro / rule to highlight email addresses outside company in To: field

Status
Not open for further replies.

pprice

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Is there an add-in or a way to highlight email addresses in the To: or cc: field that are going to an address outside my organization automatically to avoid accidentally typing/autocompleting an unintentional address?

I set up my email NOT to autosend and find myself re-opening emails in the outbox to double-check this constantly. It would be great if I could quickly identify emails outside the organization visually by color-coding them, just like Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 does with people that currently have out-of-office messages set (they show up in a blue/green for me and flash there out-of-office message along the top in real time)

FYI, I have tried searching for this and can't seem to find anything other than a few similar requests but no responses/solutions

Thanks

Paul

Re: Addin / macro / rule to highlight email addresses outside company in To: f

It's not something you can do in the compose message field but you could use VBA to check when you send it to the outbox - this could get annoying because it will pop up an "are you sure" message for every message.

I believe you could use a custom view to highlight messages to outside addresses in the outbox or a rule to hold mail sent to outside addresses. (I'll test it.)

Re: Addin / macro / rule to highlight email addresses outside company in To: f

Rules: If using Exchange server, create an after sending rule and enter @ as the word in the email address. Action is defer by xx minutes. Mail to internal users is sent, outside addresses are held for review. I have the Outbox folder on my favorites list and its bolded until the message is sent. (Internal mail bolds it for a couple of seconds)

Custom view: Use conditional formatting and put @ in the Sent to field on the first page of the Conditional formatting dialog. This is only useful if you hold all mail, either for xx minutes using a rule or don't use send immediately.

In both cases, it works because Exchange addresses don't contain an @ sign. If not using Exchange, then you'd need to add an exception to the Rule for your domain name.

Is there an add-in or a way to highlight email addresses in the To: or cc: field that are going to an address outside my organization automatically to avoid accidentally typing/autocompleting an unintentional address?

Hi, yes I created just such an add-in. Try it out and see if it fit your needs. www.safesendsoftware.com

1379100417.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A how to enable macro for addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2016 and Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin Using Outlook 0
Gary Hile Icloud addin for outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0
P Oulook addin unloaded in office 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
oliv- How to Run a Script IN AN ADDIN with Outlook's Rules and Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Always Load an Outlook Addin Using Outlook 1
S BCM crash Atheros Addin 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Constant Dropbox Outlook Addin Authentication Prompts Using Outlook 5
T client addin deletes all business contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Outlook 2010, Need to restrict domain users from installing any sort of a addin in outlook Using Outlook 2
M Icloud Addin in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 9
R Addins4Outlook TagIt! addin script or VBA module? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 Antispam Addin Not Available Using Outlook 1
S COM Addin Failed to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Addin to define message format on a per-contact basis? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Connecting to an addin in Outlook 2010 (or not) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V how to collect details from user, during installation of office addin? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Regarding Outlook addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Drag and drop attachment in outlook addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Outlook addin formregion as a drop down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Attach addin to outlook 2007 editor Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
W My VSTO 3.0 Outlook addin doesn’t load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T need help w/ sending an e-mail -- outlook 2007 addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M VSTO 2007 Addin auto-disabled on one machine but not another on installation? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VSTO outlook 2007 addin installation problem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Support for outlook 2003 addin in xp home sp2 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Addin to trap email item open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Addin to trap email item open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Hi, Ken, What should be noticed to avoid memory leak in outlook addin? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook AddIn can't load outside Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Shared addin using .net - deployment for non admins Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Simple MAPI send and Outlook COM addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VSTO Outlook2007 Addin. After switching from 3.5 to 2.0 Framework i get "'MSB3185: EntryPoint not sp Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook Addin Creation using Visual Studio 2008 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Opening WinForm in Outlook 2003 VSTO Addin with Wordmail enabled Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Emails stay in Outbox forever once addin is loaded Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Problem installing VSTO AddIn on Vista Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B ADDIN vs Cuastomize Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2007 AddIn: Rendering issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2007 AddIn: Filter attachments by type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Q How tough is it to convert VBA to Addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1