how to collect details from user, during installation of office addin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vema

During installation of the office addin, what is the process if we have to collect some details from user and use those parameters to store somewhere to be used by the addin.

I am using vsto setup project to prepare installer.

I am able to add ui interface like a textboxes dialog, to collect data from end user.

But I am not sure how to get those details.

i.e just like how the installer is taking parameters like installation folder, that is given by user, how to collect the values that are entered in the textboxes dialog?

I will be thankful if anyone provide me some guidence on how to proceed.

This is not an Outlook question, you should post this in a Windows Installer

group.

"vema" <vema.459dzy@invalid> wrote in message news:vema.459dzy@invalid...

> During installation of the office addin, what is the process if we have
> to collect some details from user and use those parameters to store
> somewhere to be used by the addin.
> I am using vsto setup project to prepare installer.
> I am able to add ui interface like a textboxes dialog, to collect data
> from end user.

> But I am not sure how to get those details.
> i.e just like how the installer is taking parameters like installation
> folder, that is given by user, how to collect the values that are
> entered in the textboxes dialog?

> I will be thankful if anyone provide me some guidence on how to
> proceed.

> > vema
> >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Is it possible to collect statistics from Outlook forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S collect data via email Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 365 issue getting details from embedded files, crashing routine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
A Day view - print appointment details Using Outlook 1
I print calendar without subject and details Using Outlook 1
nathandavies Email Details to Excel & Save as .MSG on one macro - combination of 2 macros Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Export details to a excel spreadsheet using macros Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky VBA: Get All Contact Details Using Outlook 0
V move emails to windows folder and show sender details Using Outlook 7
P Outlook 2010 intermittently asking for my login details Using Outlook 12
J Can invitee edit details? Using Outlook 1
L Business Contact Mnager losing contact details BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F Get details of sent items with Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Extracting user-defined details from a public folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Requried a VBA Code to export Calander details to excel... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Outlook Macro details Using Outlook 3
M details with the combo box Exchange Server Administration 3
B Birthday dates automatically (and improperly) placed in Birthday Details Using Outlook 2
R Surely you can print details/Body? Using Outlook 0
B modifying print template for printing out appointment details Using Outlook 2
R Need code to gather value of custom field on addressentry.details dialog box Using Outlook 3
D Accessing Global Address List details with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Incorporating user details from AD into an Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Contact Details from Appointment Item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S hide details of appointments in calendar Using Outlook 8
S Record eMail details in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Q Completed details on form don't show on reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Lifelong Windows user - new to Mac - Help!!! Using Outlook 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W OL giving basic auth when logged in to Win as specific user Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
ill13 Prepend the user's computer name to the subject. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
A How to stop user form from disapearing once mail window is closed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
R Creating a user defined function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3