"The Operation Failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using OL 2010 with an Exchange account AND Google app sync for OL. When replying to any email received to my Exchange account, I get this error. I have to delete the reply to address and manually enter it in order to have it send successfully.

How the reply to address appears when it fails:

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: "The Operation Failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown e

so every address fails?

Does it fail if you use safe mode? Close Outlook, hold ctrl as you click on the outlook icon and a dialog should come up asking if you want to start in safe mode.

Re: "The Operation Failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown e

so every address fails?

Does it fail if you use safe mode? Close Outlook, hold ctrl as you click on the outlook icon and a dialog should come up asking if you want to start in safe mode.

Yes, it does the exact same thing in Safe Mode. Every address fails when replying, yes. Very frustrating. I Googled my issue and it's a common issue; OL 2010 with Exchange AND Google Sync for OL failure. Same profile of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S The deleted items folder is unavailable. The operation failed . The messaging interface have returne Using Outlook 2
S Office 2010 "The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the p Using Outlook 17
S The attempted operation failed ... 2nd time running code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J An attempt operation failed. An object could not be found at line5. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2010, "The Operation Failed" Sending emails Using Outlook 4
J New Outlook 2007 form - try to send and get error Operation Failed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Outlook 2013. Adding office 365 email account causes 'The operation failed' Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Calendar error Operation Failed Using Outlook 6
S Unknown error and The operation failed Using Outlook 1
S The operation failed error while send email to other domain. Using Outlook 1
D Operation failed. An object could not be found. Using Outlook 2
K !Task 'mailaccountname' reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be fo Using Outlook 7
T Can receive but can not send get error: The attemped operation failed, an object can't be found. Using Outlook 3
T Operation failed due to rgistry or installation problem. Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010: Cannot Open Item Error; and Operation Failed Error when replying!! Using Outlook 2
C When I click send/receive it says 'The Operation failed' Using Outlook 2
K download oab operation failed 0x801901b8 Exchange Server Administration 1
D Sync OAB and Task 'Microsoft Exchange' Fails Error 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object canno Exchange Server Administration 2
N Failed Exchange 2010 SP1 Installation PowerShell "unauthorized operation" Exchange Server Administration 2
D Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could Exchange Server Administration 3
M Outlook 2010 - The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found. Using Outlook 3
B "The attempted operation failed. An object cannot be found." Using Outlook 7
P Trying to migrate email from PST to Hotmail; large emails break the connector with 'Network operation failed' Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2003 Email Send/Receive error: The operation failed due a registry or registration problem Using Outlook 3
D Operation Failed error when try to send email Using Outlook 1
N Receive "Requested Operation Failed" Dialog when trying to add BCM Database in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J When scheduling appointment error message "Operation Failed" Using Outlook 6
M Outlook 2003 set up my gmail account through IMAP - I keep getting a "requested operation failed". Using Outlook 2
M Unable to Send\Receive in Outlook 2010. Error: "Operation Failed" Using Outlook 3
M Active Manager operation failed to mount DB Error Id: 50A399C7, ErrorId: BF128831 Exchange Server Administration 10
B Receiving error code for all accounts when sending/receiving 0x8004010f "The operation failed. An ob Using Outlook 1
B (0x8004010f): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found Exchange Server Administration 6
S Encounter "operation Failed" when trying to send email in outlook 2007. Using Outlook 4
Y Outlook 2010 Send/Reply "The operation failed" Using Outlook 2
N "Operation Failed" message when sending an e-mail reply in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
M attempted operation failed. an object could not be found Using Outlook 3
S Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could Exchange Server Administration 7
B Task List in To-Do Bar 'The operation failed. An object could not be found' Using Outlook 3
G Re: OPERATION FAILED. AN OBJECT COULD NOT BE FOUND__ Using Outlook 7
M The Operation failed... An object cannot be found Using Outlook 13
N "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message. when sending email in Outlook 20 Using Outlook 22
M Cannot Send - "Operation failed. An object cannot be found" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
D Outlook 2007: "the Operation Failed" on Send to Multiple addresses Using Outlook 6
J The operation failed. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
W Save Operation Failed error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Very slow operation Using Outlook 0
Christiaan Could not complete operation because the service provider does not support it Using Outlook 2