VB Code to access PST file and folder not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdegrushe

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am having an issue implementing VB code I found on this site. I want to use VB to access the Calendar folder in a PST file and change all appointments so that reminders are set to false. I have pasted the following code in the ThisOutlookSession section:

Function GetFolderPath(ByVal FolderPath As String) As Outlook.folder
Dim oFolder As Outlook.folder
Dim FoldersArray As Variant
Dim i As Integer

On Error GoTo GetFolderPath_Error
If Left(FolderPath, 2) = "\\" Then
FolderPath = Right(FolderPath, Len(FolderPath) - 2)
End If
'Convert folderpath to array
FoldersArray = Split(FolderPath, "\")
Set oFolder = Application.Session.Folders.Item(FoldersArray(0))
If Not oFolder Is Nothing Then
For i = 1 To UBound(FoldersArray, 1)
Dim SubFolders As Outlook.Folders
Set SubFolders = oFolder.Folders
Set oFolder = SubFolders.Item(FoldersArray(i))
If oFolder Is Nothing Then
Set GetFolderPath = Nothing
End If
Next
End If
'Return the oFolder
Set GetFolderPath = oFolder
Exit Function

GetFolderPath_Error:
Set GetFolderPath = Nothing
Exit Function

End Function

End Function

After that I used the following code in the Module section:

Private Sub Application_Startup()
Dim Ns As Outlook.NameSpace
Set Ns = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set Items = GetFolderPath("\\zakin\Calendar").Items

End Sub

Private Sub Items_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object)
On Error Resume Next
Dim Appt As Outlook.AppointmentItem
If TypeOf Item Is Outlook.AppointmentItem Then

Set Appt = Item

'Checks to see if all day and if it has a reminder set to true
If Appt.Start < Now Then

'appt.reminderset block - 2 lines
Appt.ReminderSet = False
Appt.Save
End If
End If

End Sub

When I run the module, it returns an error about an unknown sub for function being GetFolderPath. Sorry if this is an easy fix but I am new to VB so any help provided is appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J I'm getting an error code 8 when try to access my exchange account Using Outlook 6
N Running Code before Access 2007 closes down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to get a QR code for automatic signin with Outlook for iOS Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D VBA code to select a signature from the signatures list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
N Please advise code received new mail Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Expand VBA Permanent Delete Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A VBA Code in Outlook disappears after first use Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Alex Cotton "invalid or unqualified reference" on code that should work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
F VBA to ensure a code is entered in Subject title Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Any updates or fixes that would make this code stop working just moving emails to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M error code 0x8DE00006 Using Outlook 1
R VBA Code to permanently delete selected email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Command Button code will not execute. Any suggestions Please. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V VB script code to save a specific email attachment from a given email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
J Custom form code doesn't run Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
E Outlook Form - Voting Responses Not Auto Processing If Form Contains Any Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Color Code New Calendar Items Using Outlook 2
S VBA Code to move mail items from search folder to inbox subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Automation error running VB macro code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
S my vbscript button1_click code works on appointment created but not on opening an existing apntmn Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M regarding the Create Contacts From Messages code Using Outlook 8
J Outlook 2010 VBScript editor does not run code at all Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B VBA Code to create appointment from email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1