Export to excel missing items, but a larger total?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chockomonkey

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
When we're exporting 4000+ accounts from BCM to excel, it's hard to tell how much is missing. But it is definitely skipping some things and/or adding others, and I can't pin down why.

The process I've been going through:
Reports > Quick Account List
Filter > Uncheck "Inactive"
Click on the review tab to see how many items: 4105
Export to Excel, check # of items: 4108
So, there are three additional items apparently. But then when taking a brief look at the end of the exported list, I see that there is one missing!

In the review tab of the filter, I can see:
Z Co. Boston
Z Co. Irvine
Z Co. Seattle
On the exported report, the Seattle location of Z Co. is absent. So the exported list has more items, but is missing at least one that should be there. Troubling.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? What'd you do to fix it or is there something I'm overlooking?

So there are 10 accounts that are not exported when exporting a report to excel. Still can't find any rhyme or reason to it = /

I'm not sure it makes a difference, but are you using the BCM update that was released in Nov 2014?

Have you identified any of the missing records? (I'm wondering if it's the last one on lists, like Seattle is in your example.)

Thanks for the reply. I have actually identified all of them, but there's no correlation that I can see. If it were the last in a list, there'd be way more than 10 missing.

In any case, I had no idea there was a new release of BCM. Is there updating functionality through windows update? or does it have to be manually downloaded and installed?

The update needs to be downloaded and the old version of BCM uninstalled - you remove BCM only, not SQL. It fixes some bugs in the update that was released for Outlook 2013 - I'm not familiar with any complaints about missing data in exports so I'm not sure it's going to help.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36513

Worth a shot. looks like i have some work ahead of me rolling this out to the entire office.

I'll post back with any new details. Thanks for the info!

edit: We're still on Outlook 2010, and from what it looks like this is only a compatibilty patch to make it work with 2013. Do you know if that is accurate?

I'd test it on one system or in a vm and see if it fixes the problem before rolling it out - it mostly address issues introduced in the version released in spring 2013 (which also works with both) but if you have the original BCM 2010 version, it's less important to upgrade.

It's for both - the database can only be used with either 2010 or 2013, so you can't use it in a mixed environment.

from the system requirements:
Operating System:
For Office 2010: Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with MSXML 6.0 installed, Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit). Terminal Server and Windows on Windows (WOW) (which allows installing 32-bit versions of Office 2010 on 64-bit operating systems) are supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? Using Outlook 5
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Export details to a excel spreadsheet using macros Using Outlook 0
K Macro to search emails between two time slots on public folders with excel export Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
A How to export one email data to excel Using Outlook 1
W macro to export outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Export Outlook custom forms fields to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2007 Export tasks to Excel Using Outlook 2
H Select one of Contact-Mailadesses to Export > Excel or Winword Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Requried a VBA Code to export Calander details to excel... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M outlook shared calendar data export to excel sheet Using Outlook 1
C outlook export to excel in real time Using Outlook 3
G How to export a particular line in the body of the mail to excel? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I export to excel 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Export of Message Header / Unique ID to Excel Sheet When email is Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Export Body to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C change the custom fields when export emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
Owl Export Outlook PDF Attachment as JPG? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3
K Export Folder to PST Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Export-Import .pst file problems Using Outlook 2
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
J Export Zimbra to Outlook PST Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
P How to export voting results using VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ? Using Outlook 3
JohnViuf Export task list view settings to other pc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
avant-guvnor Export Calendar, Birthdays and Holidays Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Export (Save) Outlook Contact photos Using Outlook 0
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Exchanger service export detection Exchange Server Administration 1
R Correct a wrong csv export file from WLM 2012 Using Outlook 0
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
H How to export *all* fields from Outlook Using Outlook 2
K Export Organizational Forms Library Exchange Server Administration 1
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4
A export free / busy from exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
M Outlook 2013/365 won't export 99% of my contacts to csv Using Outlook 2
J Opening/Archiving/Import/Export PST files Using Outlook 4
Sarge USMC Cannot import/export Outlook 13 Using Outlook 6
L Outlook 2007 Codes Export and Import Using Outlook 9
L Outlook 2007 Toolbar Export and Import Using Outlook 7
Jennifer Murphy Can I export individual emails? Using Outlook 1
R Export Address Book VBA Using Outlook 0