Status
Not open for further replies.

daveTQM

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi
I have a few questions about making outlook contacts quickly since we are going to migrate data to dynamics CRM.

1. I downloaded the program NK2Edit to access my auto complete addresses, which works well. This list should contain all the email recipients I have sent emails to, unless they were deleted manually from the list. It has an option to import to Outlook (only default folder, but its a start, as we can move in bulk and then move again to the correct contact folder after)
2. It has an option for bulk "add recipient to contacts" which looks good. This has two options, sent items and received items. I assume it will only export addresses which are still in the inbox / sent items. That is, if messages were deleted already - they cant be found and added as recipients (e.g. spam). In theory this is good, but it doesn't allow choosing which folders to scan. So in my case when I have 10 mailboxes, its scanning a lot of folders.
3. In outlook itself, I can only find one way to add contacts from emails. That is one at a time, by either right clicking email address and add to contacts or dragging the email into the contacts folder. The problem with the first is that again it goes to default contacts folder - not good for other mailboxes. The issue with the second is that you end up with a bunch of text in your contacts notes field.

Does anyone know a good way to add contacts in bulk from a specific mailbox, straight to the contact folder of that mailbox / account. Ideally we could select a bunch of emails, and add all recipients as contacts. If not in outlook directly, maybe another third party tool or NK2edit.

if the addresses are all in your inbox or a specific folder, you can use this macro: Create Contacts From Messages - it works on a selection but could be changed to use a specific folder.

This line: Set folContacts= oNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts) uses the default contacts folder but that could be changed (however, it looks for existing contacts by the same name first - it might be better to set a category in the With oContact block so you know what was added by the macro).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Add-in for verfying recipients email address is in the attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook add-in to create new contact from an email. Using Outlook 0
JimG Use VBA to add <style> tag to Email. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Add Email Addresses to a Contact Group Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
C Auto Add a PDF to an outgoing Email, based on a rule Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar Using Outlook 0
D Unable to add email address to contact Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
iwshim Can I add an Unsubscribe link to Outlook outgoing email? Something like this? Using Outlook 1
B No email accounts in outlook. Cannot add email Using Outlook 5
A Email Macro to add Date and Classification Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
anoble1 How to create an email with a link to add a calendar appointment Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
I How to add image header to email Using Outlook 2
B Email Trust Add-ons Using Outlook 2
R Add image within email and not attachment Using Outlook 2
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
O Run Rule to Rename Email and Add to Tasks Using Outlook 4
K add an email to a business contact without linking/tracking sender BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K add an email to an account without linking and tracking the email address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
T How to Use Recurring Email without buying an add-on for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Add Watermarks to Outlook email outgoing messages Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 will not add or display new email accounts Using Outlook 3
F add new panel to email editing window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Add-in problem: Process All Marked Header doesn't display email bodies Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Add-in problem: First email in outbox gets stuck Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
W how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P How do I create a macro to add contacts from email messages? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Adding 'Add To Business Contacts' when right-clicking an email add BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Add Hyperlink in Email Body by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Opening email from a share breaks add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0