OutLook Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim McDowell

Hi,

I wrote some code to send emails from a list, but each time I get 3 alerts.

the application.displayalerts=false does not work for Outlook.

Is there any way to turn off the alerts that a program is trying to send an

email from outlook?
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 for your options with

regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later

versions.

Sue Mosher

"Jim McDowell" <Jim McDowell> wrote in message

news:EDA8194B-750A-4057-88B2-3D35EC848FF6@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I wrote some code to send emails from a list, but each time I get 3
> alerts.
> the application.displayalerts=false does not work for Outlook.

> Is there any way to turn off the alerts that a program is trying to send
> an
> email from outlook?
 
J

Jim McDowell

Thanks Sue. That got rid of that problem. Now that I changed to CDO I am

getting an error that my SMTP does not recognize the domain for the recipient

> .

I tried changing some of the CDO settings, but no luck. Any suggestions? I

am using Office 2002.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 for your options with
> regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later
> versions.
> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Jim McDowell" <Jim McDowell> wrote in message
> news:EDA8194B-750A-4057-88B2-3D35EC848FF6@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I wrote some code to send emails from a list, but each time I get 3
> > alerts.
> > the application.displayalerts=false does not work for Outlook.
> > Is there any way to turn off the alerts that a program is trying to send
> > an
> > email from outlook?


>
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

CDO for Windows? Best to ask on a general Windows programming forum. Don't

forget to show the relevant code. It's hard to make suggestions without it.

Sue Mosher

"Jim McDowell" <JimMcDowell> wrote in message

news:EF705D70-0870-4256-A596-E98F52FE10DE@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Sue. That got rid of that problem. Now that I changed to CDO I am
> getting an error that my SMTP does not recognize the domain for the
> recipient
> .
> I tried changing some of the CDO settings, but no luck. Any suggestions?
> I
> am using Office 2002.

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 for your options with
> > regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later
> > versions.



>

>> "Jim McDowell" <Jim McDowell> wrote in message
> > news:EDA8194B-750A-4057-88B2-3D35EC848FF6@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > > I wrote some code to send emails from a list, but each time I get 3
> > > alerts.
> > > the application.displayalerts=false does not work for Outlook.
> >> > Is there any way to turn off the alerts that a program is trying to
> > > send
> > > an
> > > email from outlook?

>

>
>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Alerts in outlook Using Outlook 1
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 7
oliv- How to Run a Script IN AN ADDIN with Outlook's Rules and Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Fwd Outlook incomming messages to usb port after Rules and alerts applied Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2013 - Rules and Alerts for POP3/IMAP Accounts Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Calendar Alerts Using Outlook 1
D iPhone Alerts Don't Show Up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Outlook - rules and Alerts Using Outlook 1
M Rules & Alerts not appearing in the File Tab (outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
J Outlook - rules and Alerts - from group Using Outlook 3
B automate email message on Outlook Calendar notification alerts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook 2003/2007 and New Mail Desktop Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2021 Can anyone explain why my Outlook views keep changing?! Using Outlook 2
AlphonseG Outlook 365 Outlook Crashes on setting SaveSentMessageFolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Using Emojis in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 1
K Outlook for Mac problems Using Outlook 0
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
M c# vsto Outlook.ApplicationEvents_11_NewMailEx Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Event/Meeting in Outlook Does Not Align with SharePoint Calendar Using Outlook 5
Christopher M Is it me, or is Outlook 365 BUGGY? Using Outlook 3
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
M Understanding Outlook Identities Using Outlook 1
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 search no longer works Using Outlook 2
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 0
R MailTips and older Outlook versions Using Outlook 0
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 6
C How to import Outlook calendar? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook.com Account Using Outlook 3
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 6
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2

Similar threads

Top