Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackieR

When I click on an item to open it in a client's history in BCM, the entire
Outlook program closes. Sometimes I can reopen Outlook; however, many times
I have to reboot. My OS is Vista Home Premium and I am using Office 2007
Professional, and have been using BCM for many years. This problem just
began about 3 or 4 weeks ago and worked just fine prior to this current
problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this? The computer is only
about 18 mos. old - 3 GB of RAM, plenty of HD space.

 
R

Raul Thomas

Hi Jackie

I would need additional details

When the Outlook program close , does it give you a windows requesting you
to send an error report to Microsoft ?

Also can you to go to Business contact manager > manage database and check
the size of the database

I would be apt if you also run the option to check for errors
Regards

Rahul Thomas [MSFT]

The posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
https://blogs.msdn.com/rathomas

"JackieR" <u53945@uwe> wrote in message news:9a74bd4ab0175@uwe...
> When I click on an item to open it in a client's history in BCM, the
> entire
> Outlook program closes. Sometimes I can reopen Outlook; however, many
> times
> I have to reboot. My OS is Vista Home Premium and I am using Office 2007
> Professional, and have been using BCM for many years. This problem just
> began about 3 or 4 weeks ago and worked just fine prior to this current
> problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this? The computer is only
> about 18 mos. old - 3 GB of RAM, plenty of HD space.
>

 
J

JackieR

Hi Raul - no message when Outlook closes. I click on a History item and both
BCM and Outlook just disappear - no warning, no message, nada. The database
is 360 MB. It does not find any errors, and I have run Repair from the
Office Professional disks with no change in behavior. It's making it quite
difficult to run my business at the moment!

Raul Thomas wrote:
>Hi Jackie
>
>I would need additional details
>
>When the Outlook program close , does it give you a windows requesting you
>to send an error report to Microsoft ?
>
>Also can you to go to Business contact manager > manage database and check
>the size of the database
>
>I would be apt if you also run the option to check for errors
>> When I click on an item to open it in a client's history in BCM, the
>> entire

>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this? The computer is only
>> about 18 mos. old - 3 GB of RAM, plenty of HD space.


200908

 
R

Raul Thomas

Hi Jackie

Here what I would want you to try :

Export the existing data base out using the import and export option for BCM
from the file menu (ensure that when you run through the wizard you select
the option to export all history item)

Then remove the existing data base from the Outlook profile and create a new
one , try importing the old data into this one and see if it works.

If for some reason your able to repro the issue , enable logging in Business
contact manager through the help > about Business contact manager , repro
the issue and send me the BCMV3_log created in the %temp% folder

Regards

Rahul Thomas [MSFT]

The posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
https://blogs.msdn.com/rathomas

"JackieR " <u53945@uwe> wrote in message
news:9a8a374ce14dc@uwe...
> Hi Raul - no message when Outlook closes. I click on a History item and
> both
> BCM and Outlook just disappear - no warning, no message, nada. The
> database
> is 360 MB. It does not find any errors, and I have run Repair from the
> Office Professional disks with no change in behavior. It's making it
> quite
> difficult to run my business at the moment!
>
> Raul Thomas wrote:
>>Hi Jackie
>>
>>I would need additional details
>>
>>When the Outlook program close , does it give you a windows requesting you
>>to send an error report to Microsoft ?
>>
>>Also can you to go to Business contact manager > manage database and check
>>the size of the database
>>
>>I would be apt if you also run the option to check for errors
>>> When I click on an item to open it in a client's history in BCM, the
>>> entire

>>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>> problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this? The computer is only
>>> about 18 mos. old - 3 GB of RAM, plenty of HD space.

>
> >
> 200908
>

 
J

JackieR

Raul - Thank you SO much for your help. There doesn't seem to be an easy way
to delete the database unless you have more than one. However, the problem
seems to be resolved after we installed another GB of RAM. I am now able to
access any History item without problem. If this problem occurs again in the
future as my database grows, I think that the first thing I will do is to add
more RAM.

Raul Thomas wrote:
>Hi Jackie
>
>Here what I would want you to try :
>
>Export the existing data base out using the import and export option for BCM
>from the file menu (ensure that when you run through the wizard you select
>the option to export all history item)
>
>Then remove the existing data base from the Outlook profile and create a new
>one , try importing the old data into this one and see if it works.
>
>If for some reason your able to repro the issue , enable logging in Business
>contact manager through the help > about Business contact manager , repro
>the issue and send me the BCMV3_log created in the %temp% folder
>
>> Hi Raul - no message when Outlook closes. I click on a History item and
>> both

>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>>> problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this? The computer is only
>>>> about 18 mos. old - 3 GB of RAM, plenty of HD space.


200908

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2003 Saving into a textbox when form closes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 1
L Ideas for Setup with New Office 365 Family Subscription (Outlook) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 8
J outlook 2007 doesn't let me choose which .pst to search Using Outlook 0
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2013 Calendar Archiving Using Outlook 0
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 1
K Outlook tasks formatting Using Outlook 4
G Retention Policy for Outlook.com Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 0
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Is it possible to collect statistics from Outlook forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Outlook 365 delete reminder you can’t make change to contents of this-read only folder Using Outlook 4
H I have no profile listed for Outlook! Using Outlook 9
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Macro for Loop through outlook unread emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2016 how to use gmail account as source account for outlook 365 Using Outlook 9
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 1
F Microsoft Outlook Connector 14.0.6123.5001 - Help! Using Outlook 6
A Outlook (and Office) 2019 Logging Using Outlook 2
glnz Can Word Normal.dotm interfere with Outlook? Office 2016 Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2016 and Earlier with Office365 in 2021 Using Outlook 3
glnz Moving from Outlook 2003 to MS365 Outlook - need basics Using Outlook 4
L Outlook saved template function too limited Using Outlook 2
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
M Outlook on 3 Computers Shows Different Total Items on Same Account Using Outlook 3
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
D.Moore VB script to Digitaly Sign newly created outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 0
D Outlook Address Book Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 5
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
V Outlook 2016 Outlook-2016 and iCloud for Windows - Problems Using Outlook 9
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 vs. Outlook 2010 -- ToDo Bar Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
T Compuserve, Yahoo, Oath2 and Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4

Similar threads

Top