Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick203

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

For my job I have a lot of different folders in my Outlook. with a lot of subfolders, this because there are a lot of different clients from different companies. So my Outlook looks like this

- Company

-- Company Division

--- Name

--- Name

--- Name

--- Name

--- etc.

- Company

-- Company Division

--- Name

--- Name

--- etc.

-- Company Division

--- Name

--- Name

--- etc.

Right now I have about 400 folders but I get more everyday.

I tried to use the search function to figure out which person needed to go to which company but when I do a search I only get all the e-mail relating to that person, not the place where it is stored (i.e. Outlook/Inbox/Company/Division/Name)

Is it possible to have this shown? Or is is possible to only search on map names, not on e-mails?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it's not possible (or easily possible) in Outlook 2007. You can use advanced find and a convoluted process to figure it out - or if using windows 7, search using the Start search field. That shows the full path in outlook.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/2011/1226/find-folder-path-in-mailbox/

if you know the folder name, the vba code can help - http://www.vboffice.net/en/developers/find-folder-by-name

Suggestion: Do you really need the individual's in different folder? We recommend let detailed filing - in your case, by company, although by devision also makes sense when the divisions are never in the same conversation. What you want to avoid is having messages in a 3way conversation with Bob and Bill in separate folders. Use Instant search, custom views, or search folders to sort within the main folder.

Yuri m.

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I think that if you need to file emails by topic to so many folders you should look at tools that automate this for you. there are several out there.

This way you will not need to rely on the search function to find emails pertaining to a specific topic.

Intelligent email filing with TuckAway by

www.celiosoft.com

Rick203

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Re: Search Function

Hi,

I think that if you need to file emails by topic to so many folders you should look at tools that automate this for you. there are several out there.

This way you will not need to rely on the search function to find emails pertaining to a specific topic.

Intelligent email filing with TuckAway by

www.celiosoft.com
Right now I'm using the VBA code which is working great thank you so much :)

But being the lazy person I am.... :p If there is a program that automates it for me that might be interesting, what are some examples of programs like this? I wouldn't know where to start looking

Status
Not open for further replies.