"business contact manager logon failure server is in single user mode" - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHiker

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi All - My first post - glad I found you!

I do not think there is any major problem, just my lack of understanding regarding the SQL server, user administration, etc.

I am the only user of a non-shared BCM database on a non-networked computer using Office/Outlook 2007. I log in to Windows (Vista) as the administrator with a password.

Sometimes the BCM opens fine. Other times I get the following:

"Business Contact Manager database cannot be loaded.

This action cannot be completed because BCM cannot access the database.

Login failed for user 'Richard-S/Richard'. Reason: Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time."

Thanks for your help!

RidgeHiker

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Re: "business contact manager logon failure server is in single user mode" - H

I am the OP. I may have solved my problem. In the SQL Server 2005 Services I ended up changing the Built-in Account from Network Service to Local System. I am not sure I know what I am doing but this seems to have worked so far - I'll see what happens as I use it over time.

If this seems like a good fix or a poor approach please let me know.

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

The errors sounds like it is being accessed by a second account or you recovered the database, upgraded the os or changed your user account. However, that should fix it.

RidgeHiker

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3

It actually did not fix it. When opened Outlook this morning it could not log on to the BCM. The only thing I can think of that I did different is to set up a password for opening Windows. I did not change my user account except to add the password.

Forum Admin

Local system account should take care of permissions issues. Did you try running Outlook as an administrator once? That fixes some errors, mostly related to upgrading a db.

Status
Not open for further replies.