sequential project numbers in Business Contact Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tresa Adair

We are a small environmental firm and are utlizing Outlooks Business Contact Manager for our project management, marketing etc. I need to figure out how to have BCM generate a unique project number each time I add a new project to the database. I have looked under the user-defined fields, but nothing looks like I can make it be unique and generate the number for me. Any ideas?

Create Hidden SharePoint List for Site Owners

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...60-917a85a41b08/create-hidden-sharepoint.aspx

On Feb 10, 12:18 pm, Tresa Adair wrote:
> We are a small environmental firm and are utlizing Outlooks Business Contact Manager for our project management, marketing etc.  I need to figure out how to have BCM generate a unique project number each time I add a new project to the database.  I have looked under the user-defined fields, but nothing looks like I can make it be unique and generate the number for me..  Any ideas?

> Create Hidden SharePoint List for Site Ownershttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/585c3b6b-a727-4e73-a860-9...

As far as I know, BCM 2010 does not support auto-generated project ID

number.

One trick would be to edit the custom field's definition in SQL schema and to

make it generate a number on insert of a record.

No built-in way.

Leonid S. Knyshov

"Tresa Adair" wrote:

> We are a small environmental firm and are utlizing Outlooks Business Contact Manager for our project management, marketing etc. I need to figure out how to have BCM generate a unique project number each time I add a new project to the database. I have looked under the user-defined fields, but nothing looks like I can make it be unique and generate the number for me. Any ideas?

> Create Hidden SharePoint List for Site Owners
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...60-917a85a41b08/create-hidden-sharepoint.aspx
> .
>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Project Management - Adding Folders for Different Folder Types Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
T link multiple emails to one project in one way BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Autopopulate Email Subject from Project BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
C Project Management and Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Simple contact and project manger like MissingLink for Outlook Using Outlook 1
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R Sorting and crossing over project tasks in project window (BCM 2010) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M How do I get the version number of the Setup project? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S O2K vbe error message "Can't find project or library"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C All my projects and project tasks are gone - OL BCM 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Best way to distribute VBA project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J No setup project with Outlook 2007 Add-In project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M Adding another add-in to a project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Can I link a single project to multiple accounts / business contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Re: Convert Oportunity to Project? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
G Create ordinal numbers for birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Week numbers for the month in outlook Using Outlook 1
M How does Outlook determine item numbers in a folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Make the Address Book show only e-mail addresses, not fax numbers Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook for Mac Version Numbers Using Outlook 0
A phone numbers fields in BCM are not correct BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
N Eliminate the +1 before all numbers Using Outlook 1
wallisellener Contact Phone Numbers layout BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
I Outlook 2013 - address book showing FAX numbers - How to only show email? Using Outlook 4
J Outlook Contacts: How to filter contact phone numbers from a cti request Using Outlook 1
Commodore Auto-formatting of certain phone numbers Using Outlook 2
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
C Outlook 2010 removes + from mobile numbers Using Outlook 3
B Address Book without fax numbers Using Outlook 1
R Address book to show contacts with no email address or fax numbers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Contact Forms Phone Numbers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How do i group the mails based on the numbers in the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P RE: Remove +1 and area code from phone numbers Using Outlook 5
J How to write a macro to search inbox for certain numbers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Exporting reports to Excel gives wrong numbers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
U Rand numbers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1