Project Management and Communication History

Status
Not open for further replies.

chockomonkey

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Is there a way to prevent tasks corresponding to a Project being automatically added to the communication history of an account?

We'd really like to use the built-in Project Management, but not at the expense of the Communication History. Currently, if anyone completes a task on a project linked to an account, that task gets added to the Communication History.

Thanks for any help!

Same here.....
Is there also a way to have the projects shown in a list on the account, like the business contact list?
If creating a new relationship, the existing "Linked Account" field in the project is duplicate...

To the best of my knowledge, the answer to both questions is no. It's been awhile since I used the communication history so i forget it if can be filtered to hide the tasks - but that would be the only way AFAIK. (Would love to be proved wrong on this. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Project Management - Adding Folders for Different Folder Types Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T link multiple emails to one project in one way BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Autopopulate Email Subject from Project BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
P Simple contact and project manger like MissingLink for Outlook Using Outlook 1
R Sorting and crossing over project tasks in project window (BCM 2010) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T sequential project numbers in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M How do I get the version number of the Setup project? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S O2K vbe error message "Can't find project or library"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C All my projects and project tasks are gone - OL BCM 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Best way to distribute VBA project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J No setup project with Outlook 2007 Add-In project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M Adding another add-in to a project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Can I link a single project to multiple accounts / business contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Re: Convert Oportunity to Project? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
D Microsoft Exchange account - Remote management Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Active Directory Management Tools for Administrators Using Outlook 0
G Problems with Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 0
M Data File Management confusion after migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Outlook Add-on for Exchange Spam Management? Exchange Server Administration 2
Diane Poremsky Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Utilities Using Outlook 0
mikecox date file management Using Outlook 10
S Signed/encrypted email management Using Outlook 4
H Disaster. Management wants to change email format. Exchange Server Administration 9
S Exchange Management Shell closes on command failure Exchange Server Administration 5
R Data File Management Using Outlook 1
J Just contact management without the sales and marketing features? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Exchange Management Console - Initializtion failed on Logon Failure: unknown username or bad passwor Exchange Server Administration 4
T BCM 2010 Archiving Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Business Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Moving communication history and activities from BCM to OUtlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2