Status
Not open for further replies.

timpidge

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

Very happily running Office 2010 with BCM (which I love) on W7 and just hit the 4Gb SQL Server Express database limit

Have been using BCM for years and find that I have Communication History going back to 2007, I would like to keep the BCM history records but wish to archive them

I however cannot find anywhere a way to archive these, all I can see is delete (in addition to open, print and categorise) in the Communications Folder view

Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated as the database limit has not stopped me working, it has however stopped me adding new records and auto linking everything new going in and out :{

Cheers

Tim

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
AFAIK, you can't archive the records and keep them intact.

Which SQL are you using? You may be able to increase the database size. I've not done it but I'm told it is possible, although I've heard from others that they couldn't get it to work. You do need to use the full version of SQL, either SQL 2008 or 2012 though - the express version is limited to 4 GB.

timpidge

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks you Diane for your quick answer but sadly not the one I hoped to read...............

Do you happen to know if there is a way of Archiving Accounts, Business Contacts and Associated History Communciations instead (as the BCM 4Gb Error indicates I should delete records I no longer use - I would prefer to archive them rather than delete.

As for your upgrade suggestion, this might be beyond me as I have never done something like this before, but thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.