Multiple businesses in BCM 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

Hi, I sell for two different companies and would like to run both from the

BCM 2010. I set company 1 up with new leads and accounts but, after creating

a new leads tab for company 2, I see the same data in Leads Tab 2 as the ones

I put into Leads Tab 1. How can I run two different companies from BCM?
 
L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 3/16/2010 12:43 PM, Brian wrote:
> Hi, I sell for two different companies and would like to run both from the
> BCM 2010. I set company 1 up with new leads and accounts but, after creating
> a new leads tab for company 2, I see the same data in Leads Tab 2 as the ones
> I put into Leads Tab 1. How can I run two different companies from BCM?


You may need to run more than one instance of BCM.

Please be a lot more specific how you setup your current BCM settings.

Leonid S. Knyshov

Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial

 
P

PlanetBrian

I do not know what setup info that you want but, BCM 2010 is a on my new

laptop on the c: drive running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I upgraded to

Office 2010 Plus 32 bit from O2k7 and then installed BCM 2010 32 bit. I have

imported some leads for company 1 into the default Leads field and then

created a new Leads tab for company 2 but, the leads from company 1 are in

the Leads tab for company 2. I have not changed any default settings other

than adding that new Leads tab. I appreciate your help and I really like the

new Office 2010 w/ BCM. Win 7 is awesome too.

"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:


> On 3/16/2010 12:43 PM, Brian wrote:
> > Hi, I sell for two different companies and would like to run both from the
> > BCM 2010. I set company 1 up with new leads and accounts but, after creating
> > a new leads tab for company 2, I see the same data in Leads Tab 2 as the ones
> > I put into Leads Tab 1. How can I run two different companies from BCM?


> You may need to run more than one instance of BCM.

> Please be a lot more specific how you setup your current BCM settings.
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
>

>

>

> >

> Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
>

> .
>
 
P

PlanetBrian

Any ideas?

"PlanetBrian" wrote:


> I do not know what setup info that you want but, BCM 2010 is a on my new
> laptop on the c: drive running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I upgraded to
> Office 2010 Plus 32 bit from O2k7 and then installed BCM 2010 32 bit. I have
> imported some leads for company 1 into the default Leads field and then
> created a new Leads tab for company 2 but, the leads from company 1 are in
> the Leads tab for company 2. I have not changed any default settings other
> than adding that new Leads tab. I appreciate your help and I really like the
> new Office 2010 w/ BCM. Win 7 is awesome too.

> "Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:
>
> > On 3/16/2010 12:43 PM, Brian wrote:
> > > Hi, I sell for two different companies and would like to run both from the
> > > BCM 2010. I set company 1 up with new leads and accounts but, after creating
> > > a new leads tab for company 2, I see the same data in Leads Tab 2 as the ones
> > > I put into Leads Tab 1. How can I run two different companies from BCM?

> > You may need to run more than one instance of BCM.
> > Please be a lot more specific how you setup your current BCM settings.
> > > > Leonid S. Knyshov
> >

> >

> >

> > > >

> > Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
> >

> > .
> >
 
L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 3/18/2010 4:30 PM, PlanetBrian wrote:
> Any ideas?

> "PlanetBrian" wrote:
>
> > I do not know what setup info that you want but, BCM 2010 is a on my new
> > laptop on the c: drive running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I upgraded to
> > Office 2010 Plus 32 bit from O2k7 and then installed BCM 2010 32 bit. I have
> > imported some leads for company 1 into the default Leads field and then
> > created a new Leads tab for company 2 but, the leads from company 1 are in
> > the Leads tab for company 2. I have not changed any default settings other
> > than adding that new Leads tab. I appreciate your help and I really like the
> > new Office 2010 w/ BCM. Win 7 is awesome too.
>

>> "Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:
> >
> >> On 3/16/2010 12:43 PM, Brian wrote:
> >>> Hi, I sell for two different companies and would like to run both from the
> >>> BCM 2010. I set company 1 up with new leads and accounts but, after creating
> >>> a new leads tab for company 2, I see the same data in Leads Tab 2 as the ones
> >>> I put into Leads Tab 1. How can I run two different companies from BCM?
> >
>>> You may need to run more than one instance of BCM.
> >
>>> Please be a lot more specific how you setup your current BCM settings.
> >> > >> Leonid S. Knyshov
> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> > >>

> >> Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
> >>

> >> .
> >>


I am just getting up to speed on Office 2010 BCM (I don't work for

Microsoft) and not many others besides Raul Thomas support this product.

Will be testing this scenario shortly once my virtual lab is operational.

Leonid S. Knyshov

Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial

 
P

PlanetBrian

I think I MIGHT have found a way to do this. Create a new user and add the

new user to the shared database. Right click on Company 2 Lead tab and click

modify then select filter and uncheck the Company 1 in the "Assigned to" box.

However, I do not know how to add a new user to the shared database. Will

this work and if so how to I add the user to the database?

I appreciate your help!

"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:


> On 3/18/2010 4:30 PM, PlanetBrian wrote:
> > Any ideas?
> > "PlanetBrian" wrote:
> >
> >> I do not know what setup info that you want but, BCM 2010 is a on my new
> >> laptop on the c: drive running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I upgraded to
> >> Office 2010 Plus 32 bit from O2k7 and then installed BCM 2010 32 bit. I have
> >> imported some leads for company 1 into the default Leads field and then
> >> created a new Leads tab for company 2 but, the leads from company 1 are in
> >> the Leads tab for company 2. I have not changed any default settings other
> >> than adding that new Leads tab. I appreciate your help and I really like the
> >> new Office 2010 w/ BCM. Win 7 is awesome too.
> >
> >> "Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:
> >
> >>> On 3/16/2010 12:43 PM, Brian wrote:
> >>>> Hi, I sell for two different companies and would like to run both from the
> >>>> BCM 2010. I set company 1 up with new leads and accounts but, after creating
> >>>> a new leads tab for company 2, I see the same data in Leads Tab 2 as the ones
> >>>> I put into Leads Tab 1. How can I run two different companies from BCM?
> >>
> >>> You may need to run more than one instance of BCM.
> >>
> >>> Please be a lot more specific how you setup your current BCM settings.
> >>> > >>> Leonid S. Knyshov
> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> > >>>

> >>> Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
> >>>

> >>> .
> >>>

> I am just getting up to speed on Office 2010 BCM (I don't work for
> Microsoft) and not many others besides Raul Thomas support this product.

> Will be testing this scenario shortly once my virtual lab is operational.
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
>

>

>

> >

> Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
>

> .
>
 
L

Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert

On 3/22/2010 6:19 PM, PlanetBrian wrote:
> I think I MIGHT have found a way to do this. Create a new user and add the
> new user to the shared database. Right click on Company 2 Lead tab and click
> modify then select filter and uncheck the Company 1 in the "Assigned to" box.
> However, I do not know how to add a new user to the shared database. Will
> this work and if so how to I add the user to the database?


Well, you can simply run two BCM database instances and two outlook

profiles.

Do you have to see both companies at the same time? Do they share any data?

I'll add this scenario to a list of things to test. Just too busy with

actually marketing my business.

Leonid S. Knyshov

Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial

 
P

PlanetBrian

I figured out how to add a user and share its database...it's under

File>BCM>Manage Sharing. Form there I created a new user and shared it. What

I wrote bleow seems to work. I just import my leads into "Leads" then open

the lead then slect the user under the "Assign to" drop down section. THe

same for "Opportunities" and so on.

How do I do what you just mentioned? Maybe your way is better.

"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:


> On 3/22/2010 6:19 PM, PlanetBrian wrote:
> > I think I MIGHT have found a way to do this. Create a new user and add the
> > new user to the shared database. Right click on Company 2 Lead tab and click
> > modify then select filter and uncheck the Company 1 in the "Assigned to" box.
> > However, I do not know how to add a new user to the shared database. Will
> > this work and if so how to I add the user to the database?


> Well, you can simply run two BCM database instances and two outlook
> profiles.

> Do you have to see both companies at the same time? Do they share any data?

> I'll add this scenario to a list of things to test. Just too busy with
> actually marketing my business.
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
>

>

>

> >

> Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
>

> .
>
 
P

PlanetBrian

Also, both companies do not share the same data and I do not need to see both

companies at the same time.

"Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:


> On 3/22/2010 6:19 PM, PlanetBrian wrote:
> > I think I MIGHT have found a way to do this. Create a new user and add the
> > new user to the shared database. Right click on Company 2 Lead tab and click
> > modify then select filter and uncheck the Company 1 in the "Assigned to" box.
> > However, I do not know how to add a new user to the shared database. Will
> > this work and if so how to I add the user to the database?


> Well, you can simply run two BCM database instances and two outlook
> profiles.

> Do you have to see both companies at the same time? Do they share any data?

> I'll add this scenario to a list of things to test. Just too busy with
> actually marketing my business.
> > Leonid S. Knyshov
>

>

>

> >

> Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
>

> .
>
 
R

Raul Thomas

If your using two database to share out the data , then you can access only

one database within Outlook at a given point of time .

There isn't a way to work around the same , the other option would be to see

if you can add some kind of a custom field that can

differentiate between both the companies on at a business contact level .

(You'll need to test this with your scenario in mind)

Regards

Rahul Thomas

MSFT

"PlanetBrian" <PlanetBrian> wrote in message

news:E7624815-7DF5-4D6C-9B83-4FAA14AF5670@microsoft.com...
> Also, both companies do not share the same data and I do not need to see
> both
> companies at the same time.

> "Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert" wrote:
>
> > On 3/22/2010 6:19 PM, PlanetBrian wrote:
> > > I think I MIGHT have found a way to do this. Create a new user and add
> > > the
> > > new user to the shared database. Right click on Company 2 Lead tab and
> > > click
> > > modify then select filter and uncheck the Company 1 in the "Assigned
> > > to" box.
> > > However, I do not know how to add a new user to the shared database.
> > > Will
> > > this work and if so how to I add the user to the database?

>

>> Well, you can simply run two BCM database instances and two outlook
> > profiles.
>

>> Do you have to see both companies at the same time? Do they share any
> > data?
>

>> I'll add this scenario to a list of things to test. Just too busy with
> > actually marketing my business.
> > > > Leonid S. Knyshov
> >

> >

> >

> > > >

> > Try Exchange Online http://bit.ly/free-exchange-trial
> >

> > .
> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
I Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Rules - Changing auto-submit address in multiple rules, according to rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Send multiple batch tasks to single person Using Outlook 3
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
S How to extract mail items from multiple folders and shared mailboxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A open Outlook with multiple windows. Using Outlook 0
M Ensure the same inbox view across multiple outlook instances Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
D Multiple mailboxes, 1 certificate. How to prevent message "Invalid Certificate" Using Outlook 0
R Using Multiple Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 3
D Multiple Accounts Issue Receiving Emails in 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Jeanne Goodman Create Printout from Multiple Shared Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Y Creating custom appointment request form with multiple mail recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Macro To Create Rule To Export From Certain Folder Email Information in one workbook multiple sheets Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Search Folder for search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders Using Outlook 3
Cameron Piper Automatically update custom forms across multiple computers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O VBA rule on multiple computers using shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Change flags across multiple folders? Using Outlook 5
B Auto Save of Attachments from Multiple Emails and forward attachments to user group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Printing tasks with multiple categories Using Outlook 5
Similar threads


















































Top