Status
Not open for further replies.

Drof

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

I'm new to 2010, having had it rolled out by my company.

How do I remove or clear styles or alter them to suit my needs?

I have set my default font to that of my choosing but the first line refuses to deviate from Arial 10, which I presume is the +Heading font.

I want to choose a font, write my information in it and send it.

I don't want to write a Word document, report or magazine article. There is no need in my mind to have heading and body fonts.

How can I change this or turn off the superfluous styles.

Cheers.

Chris

Ed: I have looked at the +Headings font and it is the same as my +Body font, yet Arial prevails

The first line should be the +Body font. The heading font isn't used by default - you'd need to select it.

Are you using a signature? What is set for the font - the +Body font or a specific font? I recommend using +Body and setting it to use your font. Do this on the Format tab, Change Styles button instructions are here: Understanding Fonts and the +Body Style

outlook mailflow

One of our employees, pblasi@domain.com, is having an issue with sending e-mail via outlook. Most messages send find but some hang in the outbox for several minutes. Sometimes they won't send at all unless you close Outlook or reboot the machine. No one else in the office is having this issue. I sent about 10 test messages and most went through but a couple did not unless I restarted Outlook. This seems to happen with attachments mostly.please reply me ..

Re: outlook mailflow

What antivirus do you use? Does it scan email? That is a common cause of problems. Start outlook in safe mode and see if you can repro.

To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

Hi Diane, thanks for getting back to me.

It does appear to be my signature that is forcing the font as both my Body and Headings font is correct.

I have one character space of Arial on my first line and when I switch off my sig, the problem goes away.

So I thought I would edit my sig file.

This has now posed another problem - Outlook does not appear to be using my signatures from the Signatures location (C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures) - it seems to have cached them. Any files I edit in that location are not picked up by Outlook. I have even moved the whole Signatures folder and they are still there.

The files haven't changed location from 2003 where I could edit them and the changes would be instant form selecting New Mail.

So.. um. Any clues?

I'm using Exchange btw.

It's possible the admin is using a policy that sets the signature automatically. The policies usually force the signature though.

Did you create the signature in an older version of Outlook? Outlook 2010 doesn't like old signatures, it likes to rewrite the code to it's standards.

Try making a new signature in the signature editor and see if it works - i had to do that with an HTML signature. Outlook added about 30 lines of code to my simple 3 lines, but fortunately when it sends it, it doesn't include all the extra garbage.

I found the answer.

It was my theme.

It was (again) an old one from 2003 which was an HTML background of a watermark of my company's logo.

Switching this off cured the font problem.

Weird.

Thanks for all your sage words.

Chris

I'm not surprised. Fonts can be set in themes & stationery and stationery or signatures created in older versions of Outlook can be problematic in outlook 2010. Resaving it from outlook 2010 will fix some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How can I get new styles for Outlook Today 2003? Using Outlook 1
J Changing Colors or Font Styles on the Outlook Bar Using Outlook 1
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
evdbogaard How to dock the Styles Task Pane in the e-mail editing window? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Printing Styles No Headers Wanted Using Outlook 1
D Formatting Styles when Replying Using Outlook 10
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
L Opening People Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to have a reminder in Outlook 2021 for every 90 days Using Outlook 3
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
H Integrating Alexa & Outlook Pro 2021 Using Outlook 2
Z Automatically adjust Outlook Reading Pane from bottom to right depending on portrait or landscape window Using Outlook 1