"Int-" prefix added to sender's address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omer

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
When I send a message to someone, they see the sender's address with an "Int-" prefix added to the name.

For example, Int-joe@soandso.com when in reality, the address is simply joe@soandso.com.

When the person tries to reply, the message is sent to Int-joe@soandso.com generating a mailer-daemon failure notice.

Is there a preference that needs to be adjusted to avoid having this prefix added?

Cheers,

Omer

Your From address has the int added to it? First, check the settings in your account - Tools, Account Settings, double click on the account and check your address. Click More Settings and check the Reply to address.

Hi Diane,

Checked both of those and they appear to have the e-mail address correct.

I actually added the address to the reply e-mail box as it was blank.

when I sent a test message to my Yahoo account, it appeared to be from the correct address, but on my reply to the message, the int prefix was added!

I just don't get it.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Omer

Can you test it with another account, just in case it's yahoo? Better, yet, send me an email to diane [at] slipstick. I'll take a look at the header - my last idea is that the smtp server is doing it.

Who is the email account through? Is that int- address associated with the account in any way?

in the copy you sent me, the From address was clearly "int-name@domain.com" I think the admin has the address messaged up in exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Prompt to prefix subject line whenever sending an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
2 How to get rid of the "Emailing:" prefix in the subject line Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1
I No prefix + in the contacts Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2003 Prefix on reply and forward Using Outlook 1
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R 2 email accounts, only 1 gets signatures added on new email. Using Outlook 1
Kristine RS box added in Favorites disappears Using Outlook 6
J DisablePST = 2 : Only Sharing-Exclusive PSTs can be added Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 client not showing newly added Contacts but... Using Outlook 5
S Check if two organisition is added then i have to give managers passward creteria to send mail Using Outlook 1
S Newly added user doesn't show up in GAL but available in OWA, Using Outlook 0
O BCM 13 added leads to an outlook 13 contact subfolder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Commodore Suggested Contacts by last added Using Outlook 1
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
C extra characters added to email when exporting Using Outlook 2
E Properties added to MailItem in ItemSend event visible to recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Buttons are added multiple times in New Inspector window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H remove auto added signature macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Multiple Toolbars being added/Multiple Buttons being added to Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5