Userform Field Month and Date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Is there a way to create a new userform field for my contacts where it is only a month and a date and for example , if i type in 9/20 it shows up as September 20 and nothing else shows up. So is there something go to in creating form or is there a formula to put in the form that does it?? Thank so so much as I would like to get this done very very soon.

You can create a text field, create a date/time field linked to it and choose from various date formats. if you type 9/20, it will format it as September 20 when the form or page is refreshed.

What format so it does not show the year. What showed shows the day and month but not clear what format?

It's on the control's Value tab if you created a date/time field.
date-format.png

I did it and when i put in 9/20 it shows up as September 14

OPh. You'll need to use a second field of the formula type- this formula should work (txtDate is the date in the first field.)

IIf( [txtDate] = "None" , "" , Format(Month([txtDate]),"MMMM") & " " & Day([txtDate]) )

Thanks much. I am confused. Do I create one field which is just a text field and then create a second field as a date/time field, link the first field that is in my contact form to the second field as you showed that, but put a formula in the second field when I create and the following formula?

IIf( [txtDate] = "None" , "" , Format(Month([txtDate]),"MMMM") & " " & Day([txtDate]) )

You need two fields - one that holds the original value and one that displays the formatted value. If this is their birthday, you can use the birthday field in the formula instead.

Thanks ..I am on my computer to finish this....is it possible for you to write down exactly how I create what you say and which field I put in the contact form?

FYI, the correct formula is this, the format function isn't used.
IIf( [txtDate] = "None" , "" , Month([txtDate],"mmmm") & " " & Day([txtDate])) - you don't need to use Format.

Dang, embedded videos won't work. :(
http://www.screencast.com/t/Drc1WL4K

I don't know how to create anything in this areas and where to put whatever you say....can you please explain?

Create a custom field - a label will work or text box if you disable editing in it's Properties. The formula has the other field name -

IIf( [otherfield] = "None" , "" , Month([otherfield],"mmmm") & " " & Day([otherfield]))

So I create the first field with the Name: MonthDayField, the Type: is Text and the Format: is Text.

Then I create field with the name MonthDayField2, the Type: is Formula and in the Formula: below, is past the words: If( [MonthDayField] = "None" , "" , Month([MonthDayField],"mmmm") & " " & Day([MonthDayField])) , and it said Functinon cannot be found.

Try using a Date field type for MonthDayField.

And what type of the Date field as you can decided what type of words and numbers?

I'm not sure how you'd get the wrong # of arguments by creating a custom field of the Date type?

I did the first field as a date and in Type selected date/time and the next line below selected March 15, 2014.

So when I created the second field using your formula, thats the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Outlook Userform Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Activity Tracking with Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Next Available Meeting with Userform Variables Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Populate Excel from Outlook Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Insert Hyperlinks for attachments in Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Change sender name outlook vba 2010 Custom Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Open CHM file from VBA Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Outlook 2007 - Userform Using Outlook 2
A Focus on the userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
F Outlook 2010 - outlook userform and combo boxes Using Outlook 9
Witzker insert Date & Time (HH:mm) no (ss) in userform Using Outlook 6
A insert Date & Time in userform Using Outlook 3
X VBA: Confused with variables between ThisOutlookSession and UserForm Using Outlook 1
L UserForm Code For Contact Links Using Outlook 76
M Progrescreas Bar in Outlook UserForm Using Outlook 1
C UserForm and ordering variables Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J userform combobox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R combobox list in userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
W Using Excel UserForm from Open Workbook in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P userform in VBAProject.otm not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Combination Field (Date Format) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J images on note field display fraction of size Using Outlook 5
C Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
justicefriends How to set a flag to follow up using VBA - for addressee in TO field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Checking for empty field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0