.TaskDueDate = Now + 3

.FlagRequest = "Call " & objMsg.SenderName
.ReminderSet = True
.ReminderTime = Now + 2
.Save
End With

Set objMsg = Nothing
End Sub

with some tweaks and seems to be working fine on outlook 2016 / o365 with exchange - thanks

the one thing I would love to have is to have this flag/reminder request sent, instead of all recipients to people in the TO field only.
(people in cc and bcc should not get the flag/reminder)

Is there a way to handle that?

appreciate any inputs

jf

hello Diane,

hope you are well and thanks for coming back!

the point of macroing this is to slipstream the admin of this flagging (1 click vs many).
I only need one type of flag with set parameters on reminder, and flag content and timing.
(task would be great too, but that does not work before sending.

is there a way to handle email separation (to and cc) and distribution with flag / no flag to these separate recipients?

thanks
justice

If you are setting a flag before sending, it will go to all recipients. To send a flagged message only to the To line would require you to send two messages - one to CC , one to To.
Hi Diane,

thanks for the input - i could not figure out how to implement your suggestion

I have realized however, that i can solve this in a different way.
i can have limited number of guys as recipients (they should get the flag anyway) and hardcode in this macro a forward to others

so i add this after the above with section:

With objMsg
Set myForward = objMsg.Forward
myForward.Recipients.Add "alias@domain.com; alias2@domain.com"
myForward.Send
End With

there is only one problem with this: forward also forwards to the sender and that is not needed.
i was trying to use myForward.Recipients.Remove but could not figure a way to be able to run that.

is there a way to leave out the sender from this forward?

Thanks
JF

Remove is not the way to do it.

Try myForward.to "alias@domain.com; alias2@domain.com" - this should replace the original sender

if that doesn't work (adding two or more names using to sometimes fails), use
myForward.to "alias@domain.com;
myForward.Recipients.Add "alias2@domain.com"
Hello Diane,

many thanks for helping me!

i have changed the code to myForward.to but then it stops with "object does not support this method" (myforward.to "email")
this is the current code - which should run on a newly created message:

Public Sub SetCustomFlag()

Dim objMsg As Object

Set objMsg = GetCurrentItem()

With objMsg

.TaskDueDate = Now + 2
.FlagRequest = "REVIEW THIS ITEM " & objMsg.Subject
.FlagDueBy = Now+2
.ReminderSet = True
.ReminderTime = Now + 1
.Save

End With

'this part should forward the newly created message (all of its content) to the email address included. if this could be a local group, better

With objMsg
myForward.To "alias@domain.com"
myForward.Send
End With

Set objMsg = Nothing
End Sub

many thanks yet again
justice

Hello Diane,

many thanks for helping me!

i have changed the code to myForward.to but then it stops with "object does not support this method" (myforward.to "email")
this is the current code - which should run on a newly created message:

Dim objMsg As Object

With objMsg

.TaskDueDate = Now + 2
.FlagDueBy = Now+2
.ReminderSet = True
.ReminderTime = Now + 1
.Save

End With

'this part should forward the newly created message (all of its content) to the email address included. if this could be a local group, better

With objMsg
myForward.To "alias@domain.com"
myForward.Send
End With

Set objMsg = Nothing
End Sub

many thanks yet again
justice
Remove is not the way to do it.

Try myForward.to "alias@domain.com; alias2@domain.com" - this should replace the original sender

if that doesn't work (adding two or more names using to sometimes fails), use
myForward.to "alias@domain.com;
myForward.Recipients.Add "alias2@domain.com"
Hello and happy new year!
I am just taking this up again, do you have by chance any suggestion how to move forward with this?
thanks a ton
justice

I'll take a look at it - I took a few weeks off at the end of December and just getting back to work. :)

I'll take a look at it - I took a few weeks off at the end of December and just getting back to work. :)
I think the year end festive season is for fun, happy to hear that you've had some time off! :)

thinking about the problem - would it be better (easier) to create a new email with the contents of the flagged one, and send it to either hard coded recipients or better to local outlook address group?

thanks
justice

This is working for me -
Code:

Dim objMsg As Object
Dim objRecip As Recipient

With objMsg

.TaskDueDate = Now + 2
.FlagDueBy = Now + 2
.ReminderSet = True
.ReminderTime = Now + 1
.Save

End With

With objMsg

Set objRecip = myForward.Recipients.Add("alias@domain.com")
    objRecip.Type = olTo
    myForward.Send
End With

Set objMsg = Nothing
End Sub

This is working for me -
Code:

Dim objMsg As Object
Dim objRecip As Recipient

With objMsg

.TaskDueDate = Now + 2
.FlagDueBy = Now + 2
.ReminderSet = True
.ReminderTime = Now + 1
.Save

End With

With objMsg

Set objRecip = myForward.Recipients.Add("alias@domain.com")
    objRecip.Type = olTo
    myForward.Send
End With

Set objMsg = Nothing
End Sub

Hello Diane,

thanks for looking into this - really appreciate it!

This one certainly sends out a forward as well, which is a blitz for sure - but i encounter some problems:

- i prep a full mail, then press the button to invoke the above code/macro
- the macro sends a mail without the mail body, with the attachment, to both the original email recipient, and the coded one, w/o the flag and reminder
- then when pressing send on the original email, normal mail gets to the intended recipient with flag and body and attachment.

what i need to change is:
- mail recipient gets 2 mails - 1 from macro and 1 from normal send - but should get only one - the normal one after send (flagged etc)
- the macro recipient should receive a full mail - body and attachment (original mail recipient should not get this)

what should i change?

many thanks yet again
justice

Status
Not open for further replies.