Set Timer/Countdown on Emails?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Basically - the net of it is, I have a job that requires I respond within 4 hours to an email. I get over 100 a day. Has anyone heard of a Macro that will basically put a timer on emails and then flag that email automatically when it reaches 3 hours (without response) so when I open the inbox, I can take general overview and easily see which emails are reaching the 4 hour mark? I am 100 percent new to these VBA macros so any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
i have this macro - Forward Messages that were not Replied To - that comes close to what you want. change the timing and the action and it will work.

The big thing is the timer - outlook vba doesn't have one in it and IMHO, i think a task reminder every 30 min to an hour to trigger it is the easiest and doesn't affect outlook's behavior.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
i have this macro - Forward Messages that were not Replied To - that comes close to what you want. change the timing and the action and it will work.

The big thing is the timer - outlook vba doesn't have one in it and IMHO, i think a task reminder every 30 min to an hour to trigger it is the easiest and doesn't affect outlook's behavior.

Thank you so much! Very helpful. My follow up question would be how can I set it to be in hours, not days? Something like 0.1 instead of 7 in the below code? Also, is there a way in that code so it automatically sends the email to the address you specify? Currently, it just pulls the draft but I would have to click send in order for it to go.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Days are typically either done like .25 (6 hours) or 60/1440 (1 hour) when the decimal is longer than 3 or 4 digits.
You'll also want to use less than operator...
If intDateDiff < .125 Then ' 3 hour