1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Can I single-space the folder list?
    Dismiss Notice

how to set downloaded cached emails

Discussion in 'Slipstick.com: Exchange & Office365 Articles' started by Len Raphael, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Len Raphael

Len Raphael

I want to download 36 months of emails, not the default 12 mos, 24 mos, all which the slider in account settings allows you to do. Is there a registry setting to set that to say 36 months?

Reason is that even though i can open attachments, read mail etc that's older than say 24 months, I can't move the mail to my Office 365 public subfolders. Not even sure I can delete them.

If I could figure out how to move inbox emails to the public subfolders on OWA I would, but not obvious how to see the public subfolder tree easily.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

As far as I know, you are limited to those choices. You'd need to use All if you need to move older messages. I don't think you can see the folder tree in OWA but you can add individual folders to the favorites folder list - at which point you'll see the PF tree. This would work if you only need a few folders but won't if you are moving to a lot of different folders.

Can you move things to PF in OWA? I'm not able to move mail into PF folders here.

3. Len Raphael

Len Raphael

I'm not able to see PF in OWA unless it add the folder to my favorites. But I still can't move to that public folder in OWA.

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Nice to know it wasn't just a "me thing" on the inability to move stuff to PF using OWA. You'll need to download all mail to outlook - if you are moving all old mail to a PF, then eventually, it will be the same as downloading just 36 months worth. :)

5. Len Raphael

Len Raphael

Didn't obviously slow OL 365 client down by downloading all 14 years or so. Scare to look at file size.

6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Outlook 2013 introduced the sync slider - so if it's mail you need to keep but don't need to look at frequently, you can set outlook to only sync the last two years (or less - 2016 has more options). Mail that isn't synced can be found using search or in OWA. This setting is in Account Settings > double click on account.