Deny/Allow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidshooter

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a train club membership database in MS Access 2010. I need to send about 60 membership renewals every month.
I have some VB code to generate a generic email with a personalised pdf attachment - out of the Access database.

For years, I've tried to circumvent the Deny/Allow prompt from Outlook 2010.
I've logged on as admin and set the programming access to Never warn...
I've added the registry keys as suggested by Diane - all to no avail.

Finally, I installed ClickYes Pro and Bingo, it works. I added MSACCESS.exe as the allowed executable.

My question is, does Clickyes Pro only run when Access is loaded or does it run all the time looking for Access?
What does it do that the option and registry tweaks don't do?
Finally, for my application, which is a voluntary model train club, is it free?

Thanks
Erik

It runs all the time. You shouldn't get that dialog with Outlook 2010 IF you have a valid and up-to-date antivirus. Does File, Options, Trust Center, Programmatic Access say Antivirus status: valid under the grayed out options?

Diane,
It says Antivirus status: Valid.
Also, I only use Windows Defender (Win8.1] and I have auto update always on.

Also, thanks for giving me the clue to ClickYes - it saves me heaps of time (and indignation that one MS Office product can't send to another.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G To enable/disable Allow New Time proposals Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
Laurent Duchastel New email setup dialog doesn't allow alias Using Outlook 2
M VBA script to allow mail merges of distribution groups? Using Outlook 7
A OL13 Calendar, won't allow entering 2 appointments consecutively Using Outlook 4
J outlook problem it allow to book meeting room at the same day & time Using Outlook 0
A In Contacts Phone List View, allow alpha jump w/single key, same as Card views Using Outlook 4
N Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox Using Outlook 4
D How to set permissions to allow external program to send an email? Using Outlook 0
K Importing CSV contacts- doesnt allow me to map or move forward V 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Allow Programmatic Access Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R how do I eliminate allow access dialog box using VBAproject in Out Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER does not allow for BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Only 249 contacts are allow to be created in Outlook by Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Allow only one instance of Outlook Using Outlook 6
C OL 2003/2007: HOW allow me to see categories, but not let recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3