1. Here's a thread that needs an answer: Can't search Archive'd Tasks
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook 2016 Synchronize safe persons Outlook 2016 -> Outlook Web Access (OWA)

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by ofw62, May 19, 2017.

1. ofw62

ofw62

In Outlook 2016 (Home-tab) - > Junk -> Junk E-mail options -> tab: Safe Senders, add from File I have added a number of domains using a txt-list.

AFAIK OWA does not have this option.

Is there a way to synchronize Outlook 2016 with Outlok Web Access?

Thanks!

-

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

The list should sync with OWA. (my safe and blocked lists synced to my exchange mailbox).

3. ofw62

ofw62

Very sorry for the delay Diane. Was busy investigating some other matters. However, that aside, as a matter of fact, I don't get any notifications, so it also tends to slip my mind to check out the website for a reply, or think of it at the wrong time.
    Anyway, with me, it does not sync, but I don't use exchange.

So I guess one has to add emails, or domains, 1-by-1
    The 'safe senders' list is relatively poor, I must say. One can not see how many entries are already available (considering 1024 to be the max), pasting domains using a separator doesn't work.
    e.g. domain.com; domain2.com; domain3.com; etc.

Bad luck.
    =

Attached Files:

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

Not a problem. Just checked your profile in the admin section - under "Watch threads when creating or replying", it's set to No. That either means you didn't enable notifications or the address bounced 3 times and we stopped sending notifications. There should be a Watch thread link at the top of the thread - this is from mine (where it is already selected).
    watch-thread.png

You don't have outlook.com set up as an Exchange account? It should sync if you do... but it definitely won't sync if you use pop or imap, but anything on the list in web access should be filtered to junk mail as it arrives - pop3 won't download it, imap would sync it with junk email.