Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I hope I've simply overlooked a good option and someone can point me to it. Rather than needing to write up the whole script, here's what I would like to do:
  1. Archive items for every 2 weeks or every month to a PST file for that timeframe.
  2. Ideally, then zip that PST file to a totally separate location
  3. Ensure the archive PST files are not still linked to Outlook at the end of each archive
I currently do this for one email address that is essentially at that point a backup for that address. I manually archive items every quarter (90 days or 3 months).

I have a new address which will be substantially larger, and is really only being used as a backup. That is why I'd like to do this ever 2 weeks to a month, automate it, and zip the backup files.

Is there any even skeleton of a script out there (VBA or otherwise) that could handle this?

Thanks for any references or ideas.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using AutoArchive or the manual archive method? You really only need to script #2... do you keep adding to the archive.pst or create a new one with each archive? ( its easier to find and manage mail if you have fewer pst files and the data files can hold up to 50 GB of mail - but I'd try to limit it to around 10 Gb. )

i don't think i have a macro or script for #2, but its easy enough to do. AutoArchive can handle #1, the pst should be released after archiving, but if not, that is doable with a script too.

If you wanted to use a macro... Use a Macro to Move Aged Email in Outlook - but i would use AutoArchive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Add data in archive.pst to outlook.pst Using Outlook 4
H Opening .PST archive files in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 10
A Does Outlook import Gmail Archive? Using Outlook 1
skylark53 Archive a single Outlook 2013 folder tree Using Outlook 5
K Change the default Archive location via GPO in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Archive Using Outlook 1
R [outlook-users] Messages won't archive Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2007 archive folders and files Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010: How do you enable Contacts' Activities to search archive folders Using Outlook 6
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
M Respond to Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
U Outlook locking up when replying to Email Using Outlook 4
J Outlook Autocomplete (Recipients) opens upward Using Outlook 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 2
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 is "Possessed" Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
I Outlook is stuck at "Updating Calendar" Using Outlook 1
AmonRa Outlook 365 calendar - too much white space Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
C-S-R How to clear an Outlook (To Do) Task Flag? Using Outlook 8
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 crash linked to gdiplus.dll Using Outlook 0
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
A OutLook For Mac 16.46 Comes Up In Small Window When Opening Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Moving emails between folder Outlook for Mac Outlook Wishlist 8
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
T Outlook Template - textbox visible based on combobox selection Using Outlook 1
D We're sorry but outlook has run into an error Using Outlook 6