Can't paste an image into a task

Post number 2 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. All of a sudden (started yesterday), when pasting a picture (png, jpg,, etc) into a task, it shows up while the task is open. As soon as I close the task & reopen, the image disappears. In it's place, is a placeholder, which, if clicked, gives layout options such as inline, etc.

If I copy an image into Outlook 2003 on my WinXP machine, the image remains. I can copy the outlook.pst file from XP to 10 & the image will show up & remain. However, if I paste another image into the task from my 10 machine, ALL of the images disappear & are replaced with placeholders.

How can I correct this?
Thank you.

Hi. I have the same issue. How can I solve it? I need to paste images with contact information to my task on outlook. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1
B Paste formatted text (bold, underlined and in quotes) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O How to paste website content using a specific font and removing URLs Using Outlook 2
D Outlook macro with today's date in subject and paste clipboard in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Paste content to Excel when .txt file (attachment) is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Paste clipboard contents using VBA Using Outlook 0
A Outlook: copy & paste Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V Copy and paste body and subject and send multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
R Copy/paste mailing address Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Copy email content and paste into new Word Document using a different font Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Research Pane in Emails Turns on and Cut Paste Keys then Stop Working Using Outlook 5
L Outlook 2007 Delete and Paste Between Fields Using Outlook 25
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
I Clipboard paste in macro Using Outlook 14
F Cut and Paste Addresses from Excel Suddenly Limited Using Outlook 4
N Cut and Paste Taking 25 seconds Using Outlook 0
R how to copy a list of email contacts and paste them only as names (not names + email address) Using Outlook 12
G Outlook 2007 Macro: Paste - Paste Special - Unformatted Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
K Copy Entire Email Content - Paste into new Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K How to copy Contact Item to Clipboard and Paste as "VCF Link? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z unable to paste screenshot into custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Using copy paste to grab email addresses from the TO: address fiel Using Outlook 14
J Increase read pane font size, but NOT image size? Using Outlook 3
O The linked image cannot be displayed Using Outlook 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y Images coming through as Cid:image in outlook Using Outlook 0
L Block email signature image Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Image Quality in Signatures Using Outlook 0
O How to move contacts folder image of a drive Using Outlook 1
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
G Image scaling on high DPI screens Using Outlook 1
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
crazyboy Copying BCM database from backed up mounted image to new drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Picture/Image/Attachment Resizing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
J Image in original e-mail is hyperlinked when a reply with the image is hyerplinked Exchange Server Administration 1