Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
When pasting content from a website into an email, I'd like to:

a. have the links removed
b. keep the layout (bullets, paragraphs)
c. use Italic Times as font (so as to better distinguish from the default font, Calibri)

and, if possible,

d. have this as default(?) or at least 2nd paste option? or is it possible to have a button on the QAT that does this?

How am I to proceed

Thanks!

=

There isn't a built in function that can do it but you could use a macro. A) is possible using paste special, but it will remove the formatting. C) is possible if that is your default font style.

I have a macro somewhere (it may be in a recent thread here) that will remove links and macros at slipstick.com that will do c). I'll see if I can find them. (I'm on the road so it might be awhile till I'm on a computer and can find them - working on an iPad currently.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Diane,
Many thanks for replying.
No problem, I'll wait patiently.

BTW: Italic Times (item c) is not my default style. I use Calibri, but once quoting/pasting from Internet, the text is meant to 'stand out' so to say, i.e. it should be clear that it is a quoted/pasted text, reason why I (normally) use Italic Times.

Best regards
=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1
B Paste formatted text (bold, underlined and in quotes) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook macro with today's date in subject and paste clipboard in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Paste content to Excel when .txt file (attachment) is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Paste clipboard contents using VBA Using Outlook 0
A Outlook: copy & paste Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V Copy and paste body and subject and send multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
R Copy/paste mailing address Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Copy email content and paste into new Word Document using a different font Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Research Pane in Emails Turns on and Cut Paste Keys then Stop Working Using Outlook 5
L Outlook 2007 Delete and Paste Between Fields Using Outlook 25
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
I Clipboard paste in macro Using Outlook 14
F Cut and Paste Addresses from Excel Suddenly Limited Using Outlook 4
N Cut and Paste Taking 25 seconds Using Outlook 0
R how to copy a list of email contacts and paste them only as names (not names + email address) Using Outlook 12
G Outlook 2007 Macro: Paste - Paste Special - Unformatted Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
K Copy Entire Email Content - Paste into new Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K How to copy Contact Item to Clipboard and Paste as "VCF Link? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z unable to paste screenshot into custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Using copy paste to grab email addresses from the TO: address fiel Using Outlook 14
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
J Custom Contacts: Linking button to website Using Outlook 4
D Is It Possible To Download Contact Mngr Via a Website? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A newsgroup FAQ and website Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Search Email Header for Content Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
icacream content in this message could not be downloaded.... Using Outlook 2
semnaitik Is it possible to recover content from a 0KB PST file? Using Outlook 3
Ms_Cynic Auto-pasting email content in calendar appt? Using Outlook 2
GregS What controls content of Folder Pane? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
J Assess content of User Defined Field in Rule Using Outlook 3
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Problems Downloading Content from Server(s) Using Outlook 0
N Rename Subject Line with Email Content Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Contacts 2016 Web page address content lost after updates Using Outlook 2
Randy Redekopp Outlook 2016 attachment content search Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2