Annoying page of code when receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerard M-F Hill

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Two problems sprang up after I uninstalled and updated programs; I've fixed one, but not the other.
When receiving email, an enormously long page of code pops up and covers half the screen, and there's no way to get rid of it. It goes away after a few seconds, but meanwhile I can't work and it's slowing me down. Any simple solution for a non-geek?

I've got a screenshot. The snipping tool has collected both my screens, but you can see the page of code down the right-hand side of the screenshot (JPEG attached). It's only when receiving, not sending.
Gerard

Attachments

• Screen capture with Outlook code.JPG
    Screen capture with Outlook code.JPG
    482.3 KB · Views: 444
That is the raw HTML. Is the message ok and readable? I get an occasional message where the message is corrupt and the raw html is in the message but nothing pops up.

Does the raw HTML popup with the new mail alert (and go away when it disappears)?

What addins do you have installed?

Thank you, Diane. All incoming messages are fine; I have Outlook on my left-hand screen and this raw HTML appears on the right of the right-hand screen. It does indeed pop up with the email alert and disappears along with the alert. Hope that allows you to make a diagnosis.
I've checked and I haven't any add-ins installed in Outlook. I have two add-ins in Word.

I'm thinking something is corrupt with the new mail alert. I'll see what i can find out. Have you tried repairing the installation? When you say you updated programs, was office one of the programs you updated?

I've used Outlook's detect & repair and it completed successfully, but the problem is still there. It wasn't Office I was updating, but Firefox; I also uninstalled a previous version of Opera (I had ended up with Opera 12 and 27) and I'm wondering if that is where something went wrong.

Could be the browsers - it's HTML code. What is your default browser? Does IE work ok?

My default browser is Firefox 35.0.1. I also have IE11. Both work fine. I did have Opera but I've removed it.

Just to test, set IE as the default and see if the problem goes away.

BTW, do you have any plugins in either FF or IE - something like firebug or a similar developer tool?

No plug-ins of any kind in my browsers. I set IE as default in 'Set your default programs' and then thought I would just check in 'Set program access and defaults'. To my surprise, that setting hadn't changed to IE, so I reset it there as well. It seems these menus aren't talking to each other, or perhaps one has to restart for them to take full effect.

Try FF now - sometimes all you need is for IE to set a value. It's also possible that the defaults you changed earlier did something to fix it.

I've changed the default settings to FF and yes, the page of code no longer appears. I would never have guessed that series of actions would solve the problem, so I'm very grateful for your help.
Gerard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Annoying Outlook 2013 Calendar Features Using Outlook 0
T How to remove annoying Big Blue Type at beginning of my messages Using Outlook 2
Jennifer Murphy Annoying "-----------" at top of tasks Using Outlook 2
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
U HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control Using Outlook 3
O Get Outlook on your phone for free - web page pop up Using Outlook 8
J Contacts 2016 Web page address content lost after updates Using Outlook 2
S Selecting "Mileage" field on "Detail" page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G VBA/Macro to remove page colour when replying or forwarding email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Print first page of a new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
B Contact Page 2 Combobox via Registry Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Multiple page in new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
smokiibear Custom Today Page Using Outlook 1
V Report stuck formatting page Using Outlook 1
smokiibear How to modify Today Page to Include tasks from other task folders Using Outlook 1
G 4 calendars on 1 page Using Outlook 2
M Custom form on one page to post contents on second page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Contact page too large for screen. Can't see categories, etc. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Custom form - selecting text in read page Using Outlook 0
K TextBox on Custom Form Page :: Passing value from sender to the recipient Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2013 Doesn't Send email from Web Page Unless Outlook Is Open Using Outlook 2
G iCloud task folder not showing in outlook calendar page Using Outlook 3
B Customize OWA page to open in a new window when logging in Exchange Server Administration 1
S An error has occurred in the script on this page Using Outlook 0
S An error has occurred in the script on this page Using Outlook 1
L Hyperlinks Will Not Display Web Page Using Outlook 9
D Stopping "do you want to continue running scripts on this page" warnings Using Outlook 4
M TO field on Read Page not resolving Using Outlook 3
M How to edit a monthly calendar to remove the cover page Using Outlook 1
B Font for Tab Page in Mutipage Control Using Outlook 1
P Print multiple pocket calendars on one page Using Outlook 5
L Send Page via Email Using Outlook 3
D Print Macro with Page Range? Using Outlook 9
B Code for Email Page/Print Page BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B printing a calendar on a single page using CPA Using Outlook 0
W Page Order Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Creating Form Regions with more than one page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
E Creating Form Regions with more than one page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
N Appointment Body on Custom Page 2- Hide Default Page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J ModefiedForm page issues 1)retrieving available size of Modifiedfo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Add a page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Outlook 2007 prints blank page Using Outlook 4
A Access Outlook's Page Header and Footer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U can you add a new field to outlooks contact page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How do I syncronize Outlook calendar with MSN home page calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C Can't successfully save a form that uses any page other than the standard form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R New users creating get page cannot be displayed when accessing OWA Exchange Server Administration 16
T How do i insert a page break in an Outlook e-mail message? Using Outlook 4
P How to get a QR code for automatic signin with Outlook for iOS Using Outlook 5