Status
Not open for further replies.

derek

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 10.33.26 PM.png
I am on a PC using outlook 2011. My wife is on a Mac, using outlook for Mac (the most recent version). We have both used outlook for years with no problems, sharing calendar "invites" with no problem. Something has changed recently, and we cannot figure it out. My wife can send me invites and they come in just fine, saving to my local outlook. However, when I send her an invite, it sends like normal on my end, and yet does not come into her inbox looking like a normal invitation...it simply shows the heading I entered on my calendar, but looks more like an email (see attached screen shot). There is no option for her to accept the invitation as it has before. So, she cant accept the invitation and cannot add it to her local calendar.

What setting could have been changed here?

Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You are using Outlook for Windows? I put off answering this because I wanted to test it with the newest build of Outlook for Mac (that was released for Office 365 subscriptions) and when i re-read it, I realized that it sounds like you are using windows - and either outlook 2010 or 2013 (outlook 2011 is mac only). I don't think i need to test it that...
Something happened to the TNEF blob - first, go to File, Options, Calendar - is the option to send icalendars to internet addresses enabled? Sending as icalendars should work as it doesn't use TNEF data.

derek

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am using Outlook for Windows 2010 on a PC...sorry, not 2011. My wife is using the latest version of outlook on her Mac, so I assume that is 2011. I found the closest thing on my PC version to what you were asking me to check, and it WAS checked (when sending meeting requests outside of your organization, ise the icalendar format - see below image). I was unclear if you wanted it checked or not, so I unchecked it and there was no change. Still not working.

Thoughts? This is driving us crazy, because it was working fine for years...and we dont change settings of any kind.

upload_2015-1-8_12-2-21.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'll test it here and see if i can repro - i know there was an office 2011 update that came out about the time it starting acting up for you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
BTW, what type of account does she use? I tested it with 2 pop accounts.

also, are you scanning mail with an antivirus or antispam scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.