Status
Not open for further replies.

scopio

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page
Old pc with Outlook 2007 (being replaced with new one shortly but will still be used as it is by a colleague) with three email accounts, one main ISP IMAP account and two Outlook.com accounts prints the wrong email at the top of the page. When printing a IMAP account email it shows an Outlook.com account name at the top of the page.
Emails received on email A when printed shows email B at the top of the page and the body contents of email B why would this be?

Emails received on email A when printed shows email B at the top of the page and the body contents of email B why would this be?
Is it actually printing the wrong email?

if just the header is wrong, i believe its because office 2007 uses the display name of the default account or of the account owning the default pst file, but will need to double check - its been so long since I've used the older versions that I will need to double check.

When you use IMAP in the older versions, you'll either have a pst or exchange mailbox set as default, so you cant set the imap pst to be the default.

2018-10-12_7-51-08.png

Is it actually printing the wrong email?

if just the header is wrong, i believe its because office 2007 uses the display name of the default account or of the account owning the default pst file, but will need to double check - its been so long since I've used the older versions that I will need to double check.

When you use IMAP in the older versions, you'll either have a pst or exchange mailbox set as default, so you cant set the imap pst to be the default.

View attachment 2520
Sorry it should have read "Emails received on email A when printed shows email B at the top of the page and the body contents of email A why would this be?" It's just the header that is wrong.
When I get back to the office I will check which is set as the default account but I'm pretty sure it is the IMAP account as that is the main and oldest account.

I figured it was a typo, but had to ask, because the one time I didn't, it wouldn't be a typo. :)

The imap account can be the default email, but it wont be the default data file - that will be outlook.com's data file. If the original pst is in the profile, set it as default and see if it uses the imap name.

I have now been to the office to try to set the IMAP account and Data File as the defaults. It seems that it cannot be done in Outlook 2007, the Outlook.com Exchange email is the only account that can be set as default.

When I try to select the IMAP email account and Data file to set them as the default, the default button gets greyed out. So I guess the that like you said in your first post "you cant set the imap pst to be the default." is correct. :)

2018-10-12_15-21-38.jpg
2018-10-12_15-24-02.jpg

Just hope that in Office 365 Outlook this is not the case as we would like to keep the Outlook.com email address confidential. The risk is if we send an email from the IMAP account and the recipient who receives it and he/she and decide to prints it, it will expose our Outlook.com email address. :mad:

When I try to select the IMAP email account and Data file to set them as the default
Correct, in Outlook 2010 and older, you cant set an imap account as default. You would need to set a personal folders pst as the default - you have one in your profile, try it. (I cant recall if outlook 2007 lets you set another data file as the default when there is an exchange account in the profile.)

The Personal Folder can be set as the default but there are disadvantages in that all emails would only be removed from Microsoft Exchange!

2018-10-12_16-40-13.jpg

Don't know if when the Personal Folder is set as the default Data File and printing the emails whether the header would show the IMAP email address or still show the Outlook.com email address.

I did not wish to take the risk of removing the emails from the Microsoft Exchange.

I guess we will have to live with this issue and hope that when we set it up in Office 365 Personal Outlook it will let us set the IMAP account as the default.

Office 365 Personal Outlook it will let us set the IMAP account as the default.
It will but it wont matter - Outlook 2016 should use the correct account in the header. (It does here.)

Hope so, I will find out this coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.