Server errors Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose

Outlook version
Email Account
Hello

I am trying to synchronise my Outlook 2007 desktop application with my online Outlook account. I have Windows 10. To do so I have loaded Outlook on my desktop, selected Tools along the top and then Options / Mail Setup / Email accounts. Then double-click on my Outlook email address and, in Internet email settings, I type in my first name, email address and under server information, I see POP3. I type in mail.outlook.com for both incoming and outgoing mail servers.

I assume my user name is my email address again and the password for that email address. I have not selected require SPA log-in. I then clicked 'More settings' and on the Advanced tab I have POP3 as 110 and 25 for SMTP. I have not selected 'SSL required'. Under 'Use the following encrypted connection, I have 'Auto'.

I click OK and then 'test account settings' and get these errors:

Errors.jpg

What am I doing wrong, please?

Thank you.

Did you get the server names from Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email ?

Also, Outlook 2007 can connect to Outlook.com as exchange - this will sync calendar & contacts

These are the server names in my account - i think they are the same for everyone.
2018-12-28_23-34-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Common Outlook Outgoing Server (SMTP) Errors Using Outlook 0
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
K Gmail not removed from server Using Outlook 3
N Trouble with server names Using Outlook 1
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
C Pop Server Changing Verizon/Aol to Yahoo Using Outlook 6
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2010 How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? ( Not on Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2016 Requesting data from server Using Outlook 0
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Name Server's Exchange Server Administration 15
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
E Duplicate, nested account folders on ATT server Using Outlook 10
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
M Problems Downloading Content from Server(s) Using Outlook 0
K IMAP Server Wants to alert you to the following: cannpt rename system folder Using Outlook 1
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Archiving Tools for Exchange Server Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Changing the Message Size in Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
J IMAP server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Updates March 2016 Using Outlook 0