Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfourkays

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I'm avg. IT guy, not Office expert.
Setting up a new Windows 10 that I'll install a new Office 365.
Old PC has Office 2007.
Only concerned with Outlook.
Is there a neat how to on moving the 2007 data to the new PC on Outlook 365?
Pete

All you need to do is copy the POP3 pst to the new computer - it might be in %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook - on the new computer, put it in Documents\Outlook Files - unless you are syncing documents with one drive, then put the folder somewhere else.

You can set it as the default data file when you add the account to outlook or open it in outlook using File, Open & Export, Open Outlook Data files. When you use the same default pst from the old computer, your rules, categories and other 'special' data will be available - if you import, you lose all of this.

Profiles can't be moved, so you'll need to recreate the accounts in the new profile.

Diane - you are GREAT!!!

I want to follow your "Move" article, but what I want to accomplish is even more complicated.
Please see my thread in these Forums at
How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts?

I want to set up Outlook in Office 365 for the first time and connect to two existing email accounts as IMAP.
But I also want to Import a large .pst file from Outlook 2003 in XP for the same two email accounts, but my connection there has always been POP3 (with Leave copies of messages on the server checked).

Ideally, when I'm done, my new Outlook in Office 365 will show the same folders as before, with all my POP3 email there, but going forward as IMAP, and ideally with only ONE Inbox and ONE Sent folder (as is the case now in Outlook 2003).

Please advise - ideally at that Forum link where I set all the details and so I get an email that I have a Reply.

THANK YOU !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1
F Move from POP3 to IMAP Outlook 2007 (Comcast) Using Outlook 7
E Outlook 2007: Problem with "Move to Folder >" button on toolbar Using Outlook 6
A How to move responded emaisl automatically to sub folders in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
D Unable to move the tasks pane in the To-do bar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 2007 move folders from one computer to another Using Outlook 1
J Move PST /changing default location in Outlook 2007 or 2010 64b on W7 64bit Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 'Move To Folders missing from Inbox Using Outlook 5
Z How to move Hotmail folders to Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 6
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
Witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
F "Move to" O365 feature to Outlook client via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Cdub27 Move Outlook 2016 Contacts to Other Folders - Extremely Slow !! Using Outlook 6
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
G Favorites panel entries move around after restarting Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
acpete48317 Categorize and move Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L pin to Outlook move mail Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
O Missing guide "Move an Outlook Personal Folders .pst File" Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Move Messages from File System into Outlook Folders Using Outlook 0
D Looking to move away from exchange to outlook.com Using Outlook 4
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
H Move outlook emails >90 days to shared drive (Desktop) Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Outlook 2000 Rule to Move txt msg Not Working if size >24KB Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 exchange - auto-move emails from @domain Exchange Server Administration 1
N rule to move sent mail to the deleted folder in outlook Using Outlook 4
J Outlook Cannot Move Msgs to Folders (GMAIL IMAP) Using Outlook 1
B OUTLOOK 2013: How Do I Move Emails to Folders stored on my Hard Drive? Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2003 I need to move email to folder based on subject, using wild card Using Outlook 0
M VBA code needed to move from Outlook 2010 subfolder to Symantec Vault subfolde Using Outlook 0
S Outlook macro to move replied / forwarded emails to a seperate folder Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 IMAP account message move behavior Using Outlook 15
mikolajek Outlook 2013 IMAP actions (message move / delete etc.) significantly delayed Using Outlook 0
E Automatically move to other Folder from Inbox when mail comes - MS Outlook Using Outlook 1
K Outlook Cached Mode - can't create rules to move email to another mailbox Using Outlook 2
Z Move outlook 2010 profile from one computer to another Using Outlook 7
Rupert Dragwater Is there a genuine simple way to move Eudora address to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Best way to move outlook? Using Outlook 1
M Move 'Reply All' on Ribbon in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T More than one outlook account to setup & move Using Outlook 1