Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBob

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hello.
Im not a well versed person in IT. So, I would like to cancel my office 365 account that was set up to transfer my emails from small biz server 2003 which was no longer supported and the biz it was used for is no longer but I still want to commumicate via my emails people are used to. At the time, office 365 was the only service that allowed transfer of my small biz 03 emails. However, in an attempt to reduce costs, I would like to move my emails to a free service and thought that outlook.com may be an option and continue to retain my unique email address.
That being said, I have no idea as to the possibility and the steps required to perform if viable. I also have a smart phone that needs to sync with the email account.
Although this may not be necessary, I do have compulink and have not used it in years but thought I would add it here if it may be needed to accomplish my objective.
If anyone could help, I would be greatful.
Thanks in advance.
Bob.

Outlook.com should sync ok with any device but if you want to keep the 3rd party address, the big problem is that Outlook.com doesn't support non-outlook.com addresses. You can link it to a 3rd party mail server and send from the address using the outlook.com website (but not outlook).

What you want to do will work, but not necessarily work well if you want to keep using the address. You'll need a another host for the address -my recommended method is to set up both the outlook.com and the unique address in outlook rather than setting it up as a connected account.

Thanks Diane.
I need to keep the non outlook.com address. I want to stop using office 365. I want to import my current emails to whatever service I begin to use. I dont use outlook currently other than through office 365 but I want to stop using that service. Here in lies my problem. How to do that and if outlook.com can be a part of the pieces needed to accomplish this.
Where you mentioned "You'll need a another host for the address -my recommended method is to set up both the outlook.com and the unique address in outlook rather than setting it up as a connected account." Im not quite technical enough to decifer exactly what you mean. Ive been given options to use the web host email and then set it up some how (I dont know how) or use gmail or outlook. I hoped that transfering the email from my office 365 account would be simpler to outlook.com.
From that point, I still dont have a clear idea as to viable options that I can employ.
If you could elaborate, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bob.

move your email to the webhost email (imap is recommended if available) and you can use outlook.com to sync calendar and contacts with outlook and devices.

if you use imap, you can copy your mail that is in 365 into the imap folders and sync it up to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
G Looking for help with our Organization Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
peacepanda How to save attachment looking at the attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Looking for Outlook 2013 update for Send Drafts Macro Using Outlook 4
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Template: Looking to distribute a VBA Outlook template to other people Using Outlook 1
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
I Looking for a productivity add-in similar to "Nostalgy" for Thunderbird Using Outlook 5
Q Looking for Outlook 2010 Close Event Id Exchange Server Administration 1
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
R Looking for my BCM backup files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Looking for email address under ItemSend event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File Using Outlook 6
P Outlook looking for Copy of Outlook.pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U looking for feedback on installation process and on eMarking Assis Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
M Move command Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
Commodore Unable to move message Using Outlook 3
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Dopey move - deleted profile Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
Witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0