Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

chockomonkey

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Our accounts are setup so that there is typically the same primary contact for many accounts.

For example, our client "Reid Lumber." They have many locations in this state, so we have multiple accounts set up... "Reid Lumber: Seattle" etc.

However, they all use the same Marketing person as the contact.

How would we pull this off?

Thanks,

Chocko

I'd either use one contact period or 1 called Reid lumber: All (or marketing or something like that) and if i needed phone numbers and addresses for other locations, make a contact for them too. I probably wouldn't include the same email address over and over...

I'd either use one contact period or 1 called Reid lumber: All (or marketing or something like that) and if i needed phone numbers and addresses for other locations, make a contact for them too. I probably wouldn't include the same email address over and over...

Thanks for your quick reply. I see you're a mod here, so thanks for that too--and for these forums if you were involved in their creation. It's amazing to me that this is seriously the ONLY place on the internet to talk about BCM. Anyway, props for creating a community for BCM--whoever deserves the credit =P

I had just found in Microsoft's faqs... "Only one Account can be linked to a Business Contact at any time." So that's definiely out. You're right, i should look into other ways of handing this instead of simply re-creating the data the same way i had it in our old (very archaic) program.

I'm going to have a meeting with our account managers and see if we can iron this out.

Cheers!

That's one account per contact - you can have multiple contacts per account. But I would not duplicate the manager's address in each contact. Without knowing how you use the different locations, i'd use 1 account and create contacts for the locations.

PS glad you like the forum.

Unless I'm miss-understanding the question this should work.

Go to Account > Form Layout > Add Fields > New...

Create a new Data type: Relationship field.

Field name: Marketing Contact

Destination field name: Marketer for

6058718605_64f336799f.jpg

This allows you to define one or more Marketing Contacts for each account and allows a Contact to be associated with more than one Account.

To take it one step further you can create a custom business contact type and call it Marketer. Then convert all your general contacts that are actually marketing people to the Marketer contact type. Then, when you create the relationship field as described above you can limit the "Destination record type:" dropdown to Marketers.

Hope that helps. :)

Attachments

• BCM_marketer.png
    BCM_marketer.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 535
That was great. I have just started using BMC but I'm using it in a not trad way. I have farm families that I consult with and wanted to know what banker, marketer, agronomist, etc. they were working with. I have to work with them for financial sponsorships and to answer any questions my farmers may have.

As I worked with the program I set up Farmers as the accounts and was trying to get bankers in for business contacts. Of course one banker might work with several of my farm families. I did set up the new field as a banker field and related that back to a custom banker contact form. I am in the process of creating a form for each of the additional professions that a farmer may work with and adding a new field in the account form. It works great.

Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
G Looking for help with our Organization Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
peacepanda How to save attachment looking at the attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Looking to move away from exchange to outlook.com Using Outlook 4
B Looking for Outlook 2013 update for Send Drafts Macro Using Outlook 4
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Template: Looking to distribute a VBA Outlook template to other people Using Outlook 1
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
I Looking for a productivity add-in similar to "Nostalgy" for Thunderbird Using Outlook 5
Q Looking for Outlook 2010 Close Event Id Exchange Server Administration 1
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
R Looking for my BCM backup files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Looking for email address under ItemSend event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File Using Outlook 6
P Outlook looking for Copy of Outlook.pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U looking for feedback on installation process and on eMarking Assis Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Importing business card into Outlook for SIgnature Using Outlook 1
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
J Make business address defulkt in cureent not new contacts Using Outlook 1
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
C Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
E Apply customized Business Card for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky How to Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Always Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Business Connectivity Service BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
O Calendar and business contact manager Using Outlook 0
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D screwy behavior Business Card - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 8
J USA in Business Card View Using Outlook 4
stephenjones Adding a business account to Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3