Looking for Outlook 2013 update for Send Drafts Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Does anyone know of a way to get this macro to work in Outlook 2013 or do you have suggestions for a new method? We're currently using it in Outlook 2003 to send multiple e-mails from our Drafts folder.

----

Public Sub SendDrafts()

Dim lDraftItem As Long
Dim myOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim myNameSpace As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim myFolders As Outlook.Folders
Dim myDraftsFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder

'Send all items in the "Drafts" folder that have a "To" address filled in.

'Setup Outlook

Set myOutlook = Outlook.Application
Set myNameSpace = myOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set myFolders = myNameSpace.Folders

'Set Draft Folder.

Set myDraftsFolder = myFolders("SC").Folders("Drafts")

'Loop through all Draft Items

For lDraftItem = myDraftsFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1

'Check for "To" address and only send if "To" is filled in.

If Len(Trim(myDraftsFolder.Items.Item(lDraftItem).To)) > 0 Then

'Send Item

myDraftsFolder.Items.Item(lDraftItem).Send

End If
Next lDraftItem

'Clean-up

Set myDraftsFolder = Nothing
Set myNameSpace = Nothing
Set myOutlook = Nothing

End Sub

What happens when you try it? It's pretty basic and should work with outlook 2013.

Hi Diane,
We were able to get it working today, without making any changes. All we needed was the threat of your help (it's like what happens when your appliances stop working until the very second that a repairman sets foot on your premises. lol)

Thanks!

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. LOL

Was the problem with macro security settings? That's a common cause with new setups.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad. LOL

Was the problem with macro security settings? That's a common cause with new setups.

Hi Diane,
No, our Security settings were fine. It would run for our personal mailboxes but wouldn't run for our group's functional mailboxes. It would run fine with both types of mailboxes in Outlook 2003 but wouldn't in Outlook 2013. Same code. We wouldn't get error messages---it would just hang. Finally I just deleted the code (again, for like the 10th time) and this time it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O looking to bring in all my folders from Outlook Express (XP) to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
D Looking to move away from exchange to outlook.com Using Outlook 4
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook Template: Looking to distribute a VBA Outlook template to other people Using Outlook 1
Q Looking for Outlook 2010 Close Event Id Exchange Server Administration 1
S Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Outlook looking for Copy of Outlook.pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
G Looking for help with our Organization Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
peacepanda How to save attachment looking at the attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
J Looking for a solution (maybe an add-in) to easily track email conversations Using Outlook 3
I Looking for a productivity add-in similar to "Nostalgy" for Thunderbird Using Outlook 5
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
R Looking for my BCM backup files BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Looking for email address under ItemSend event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Looking for a Utility for Editting An Exported Rules (.rwz) File Using Outlook 6
U looking for feedback on installation process and on eMarking Assis Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10