How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple Pen

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Hi, I would like to ask how to enable room finder and how to browse room to set up for my meeting through outlook 2016. My email account does not use exchange server but used on outlook connector (mapi) through google apps sync. I check through through customise ribbons found that the room finder is unable to select due to under graying.

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,617
So, is there anyway I can link outlook connector (mapi) account to the usage of exchange server ? Since I am the user of outlook connector (mapi) without the exchange account. I hope there is a best way for me to create meeting in outlook 2016 with availability room created in google calendar. Thank you.

im not aware of any way to do that. at most, you'd see fre/busy, if the room's free/busy is published and outlook knows where to look. This would show up on the scheduling tab when you add the room to the appointment. you can set the room's free/busy url if you look on the details tab of the room's contact. You'l need to check with google to find out what url to use for the free/busy path.

You other option is migrating to office 365 - cost is about the same - $4 per month per user for mail only (room mailboxes are free) or $5 a month for email, sharepoint, 1T onedrive (expandable to 5T), skype for business. Plans can mix and match if users have different needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
Sarge USMC how do I enable hyperlinks in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
D How To Enable Undo in Outlook 2007 Tasks Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010: How do you enable Contacts' Activities to search archive folders Using Outlook 6
C How do I enable a link in an e-mail in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 4
J Office Ultimate- My outlook doesn't have BCM, how do I enable? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G To enable/disable Allow New Time proposals Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Peter H Williams Enable script containing VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Diane Poremsky Mail-enable Exchange Public Folders Using Outlook 0
soadfan Enable all rules from toolbar button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive Using Outlook 0
R Enable Office 365 Exchange Online Archive Using Outlook 6
G VBA code to enable a rule based on time of day for a IMAP mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
K Macro won't consistently re-enable Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A how to install or enable categories in OL 2013 for calendar and contacts Using Outlook 5
D How do I mail-enable a Public Folder Sub-folder in exchnage 2007 using shell ? Exchange Server Administration 0
H enable textboxes and buttons from received email Using Outlook 1
J OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable' Using Outlook 2
J Re-enable the junk mail notification. Using Outlook 6
A how to enable macro for addin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Enable Sonicwall Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How do I enable administrator access in Business Contact Manager? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S How to enable scripts to run in a custom form which is forwarded ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K How do I eliminate the "Enable Macro" selection? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
C Eliminate need for "Enable Macro" selection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0