Macro sending outlook template from Excel list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daro346

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have an excel macro that creates an email in outlook using a template. Col A is the email address; Col B is the subject. The macro works, except when it loops through the list, instead of creating a new email and saving it as a draft, it overwrites the email.
Code:
Sub test_send()

Dim TemplName As String
    Dim FolderName As String
    Dim MeetingDate
    Dim FirstNames As String
    Dim LastName As String
    Dim NextMeetingDate As String
    Dim NextMeetingTime As String
    Dim enviro As String
    Dim OL As Object, MailSendItem As Object
    Dim MyItem As Object
    Dim MyCell As Range
    Dim MyRange As Range

' create file location for template

enviro = CStr(Environ("USERPROFILE"))
    FolderName = "\Box Sync\Templates\"
    TemplName = "Meeting Summary.oft"
    strtemplatename = enviro + FolderName + TemplName

Set OL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set MyItem = OL.CreateItemFromTemplate(strtemplatename)

' column a = email address
' colum b = email subject

Set MyRange = Range("A2:B14")

For Each MyCell In MyRange

With MyItem
        .To = Cells(MyCell.Row, 1).Value
        .Subject = Cells(MyCell.Row, 2).Value
        .Save
    End With

Next MyCell

Set OL = Nothing

End Sub

You need to move the set new message inside the for each loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.. I moved the "set myitem" after the "for each mycell". When the macro runs it creates 2 drafts for each line in excel... thoughts?

this is creating two drafts? oh, you have an imap account - it's not uncommon for duplicates in drafts when you use imap. (I've always felt it was worse with gmail due to how they hande imap.)

For Each MyCell In MyRange
set myitem =....
With MyItem
.To = Cells(MyCell.Row, 1).Value
.Subject = Cells(MyCell.Row, 2).Value
.Save
End With

Next MyCell

this is using Outlook. It sounds like there's no work around, correct?

yeah, no workaound. it might be possible to move or save to another folder, but you might still get duplicates. i don't have any code samples to test.

thanks... now that I have it working, my follow on question.
In my outlook template there are fields for Greeting, Meeting Date, Next Meeting Date and Time.
Is it possible to take these fields from the excel spreadsheet and populate the fields in the template? (i.e. like a mail merge of sorts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H using macro for sending multiple mail in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
P Categorise emails on sending - macro not working in Preview mode Using Outlook 1
R Trigger Application_ItemSend event when sending using Access macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Macro Mail Alert Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 2016 Creating an outlook Macro to select and approve Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to check Cursor & Focus position Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
V Macro to mark email with a Category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 2019 Macro not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Macro to block senders domain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Insert a Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
W Macro to Filter Based on Latest Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Autosort macro for items in a view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Macro to file emails into subfolder based on subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Visual indicator of a certain property or to show a macro toggle Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Modifying VBA script to delay running macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Macro to extract and modify links from emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Replyall macro with template and auto insert receptens Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S Macro for Loop through outlook unread emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3