Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Moore

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Dear Diane,

After all update since 12730.20236 (including the latest one), this code not running anymore (though it was working perfectly in the last 2 years). I tried to debug it, and it seems, that can not resolve the shared mailbox (though nothing changed on the mailbox and if I restore a previous version of office from backup prior to 12730.20236, resolve it perfectly).

May I ask if you are aware of any change on resolving shared mailboxes since 12730.20236 ?

Maybe this has something to do with it ? :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-impacted-april-2020-office-security-updates

Many many thanks,

Moore

Code:
        Set objOwnerDELETE = objNS.CreateRecipient(email)
        objOwnerDELETE.Resolve

If objOwnerDELETE.Resolved Then

Set objSourceFolderMAILBOX = objNS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(objOwnerDELETE, olFolderInbox)
            Set objDeletedItems = objSourceFolderMAILBOX
            Set objDeletedItems = objDeletedItems.Parent.Folders("Deleted Items")
            Set objItems = objDeletedItems.Items

For i = objItems.Count To 1 Step -1

objItems.Item(i).Delete

Next

Set objFolders = objDeletedItems.Folders

For i = objFolders.Count To 1 Step -1

objFolders.Item(i).Delete

Next

Set objDeletedItems = Nothing
            Set objFolders = Nothing
            Set objItems = Nothing

End If

I use this in a app start macro and it works - it's used with an itemadd macro. The only time i have problems is if there are connection problems.

Code:
  Set objOwner = objNS.CreateRecipient("accounts@slipstick.com")
    objOwner.Resolve

If objOwner.Resolved Then
 '  MsgBox objOwner.Name
 Set accountsMailbox = objNS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(objOwner, olFolderInbox)
 End If
 Set accountsInboxItems = accountsMailbox.Items

The changes apply to object libraries (Tools > References) , not to this.

You right, as always! I accidentally placed the debug MsgBox to the wrong place. The problem actually is with my For cycle.

When objItems.Count = 0, so i = 0 , so nothing to delete, then its stuck int the for cycle.

Strange why, as it is always worked till now.

That is weird if it worked before. But the logic is messed up when its 0.
For i = 0 To 1 Step -1

For attachments, I count first and see if greater than 0
lngCount = objAttachments.Count
If lngCount > 0 Then

I have two empty deleted items macros here - Empty Multiple Deleted Items Folders using a Macro - one uses commands, one deleted older items.

Thank you for your reply!

I had added the deleted items macro into Application_Startup, as I would like to empty the deleted folders when outlook starts up. It works perfecty, BUT for some reason, I creates a strange effect in outlook. Whatever folder I click on, its get cleared, visually. I made a short video about it, and attached it. Could you be so kind and help me why it is, and how to correct it ? BIG thank you in advance!!

Code:
Private Sub Application_Startup()

'Empty ALL mailboxes Deleted folders - START
Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Dim olNS As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim objExpl As Outlook.Explorer
Dim mboxCount As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim deletedItemsFolder As Outlook.Folder

Set olApp = Application
    Set olNS = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    Set objExpl = olApp.ActiveExplorer

mboxCount = olNS.Folders.Count
    For i = 1 To mboxCount

On Error Resume Next
    Set deletedItemsFolder = olNS.Folders(i).Folders("Deleted Items")

If Err = 0 Then
        On Error GoTo 0
        objExpl.SelectFolder deletedItemsFolder
        objExpl.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("EmptyFolder")
    End If

Next i

objExpl.SelectFolder olNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
'Empty ALL mailboxes Deleted folders - FINISHED

End Sub

Attachments

• problem.zip
    881.9 KB · Views: 320
Comment out the last line where it goes back to the inbox, see if that makes a difference.

It looks like the view is goofy as the item count in the lower left doesn't change. Try resetting the view.

Comment out the last line where it goes back to the inbox, see if that makes a difference.

It looks like the view is goofy as the item count in the lower left doesn't change. Try resetting the view.

I tried, but thats did not solve the problem. I also reset the view, but this problem only exist, when the code added, if not, there is no problem. Strange.

I found a work around, adding the script into a schedule, eliminated this strange problem. Thank you !

That's weird... but as long as it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.