Limit VBA Script to one Outlook account

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAAdams17

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
How does one limit a VBA script to run only for one of several Outlook accounts? Specifically the following script:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, _
Cancel As Boolean)
Dim objRecip As Recipient
Dim strMsg As String
Dim res As Integer
Dim strBcc As String
On Error Resume Next
' #### USER OPTIONS ####
' address for Bcc -- must be SMTP address or resolvable
' to a name in the address book
strBcc = "sent@abc.net"
Set objRecip = Item.Recipients.Add(strBcc)
objRecip.Type = olBCC
If Not objRecip.Resolve Then
strMsg = "Could not resolve the Bcc recipient. " & _
"Do you want still to send the message?"
res = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _
"Could Not Resolve Bcc Recipient")
If res = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
End If
End If
Set objRecip = Nothing

End Sub

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
you'll need to add an if.. then statement and check the item.sendusingaccount... or that is what i think you need to check - my tests of the code are not working, including the BCC without the if... then or the error message when the bcc address is badly formatted. I'll have to test it on a different installation tomorrow.

The account name is what you see in the bnavigation pane or in Account Settings list - in outlook 2010, its usually the email address.

Code:
 If Item.SendUsingAccount = "account name" Then 

Set objRecip = Item.Recipients.Add(strBcc)
objRecip.Type = olBCC
If Not objRecip.Resolve Then
strMsg = "Could not resolve the Bcc recipient. " & _
"Do you want still to send the message?"
res = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, _
"Could Not Resolve Bcc Recipient")
If res = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
End If
End If 

End If

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky The Attachment Size Exceeds the Allowable Limit Error New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C What exactly happens when you reach the DB size limit? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
R Outlook 2007 to 2013 PST still has the 07 size limit not bigger 13 limit Using Outlook 3
J Outlook Mailbox cleanup; any way to change limit to find items older 999 days? Exchange Server Administration 2
G Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Limit Using Outlook 3
A Limit of categories in outlook Using Outlook 1
B Aurocomplete cache size limit Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Limit on importing Inbox mail from OE6 Using Outlook 16
S Signature size limit for OWA / Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 10
J Exchange limit who can send email to Exchange Server Administration 4
J Does anyone know if there is a theoretical limit to the number of personal folders permitted within Using Outlook 2
U Exchange 2010 change attachment file limit Exchange Server Administration 2
T limit distribution list Exchange Server Administration 5
I Limit To Additional Mailboxes in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 9
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
S Configure Increase Outlook 2007 PST size limit Using Outlook 1
C IS there a maximum limit for attachments for outlook 2007 to send. I tried 9MB and it just set there. Using Outlook 1
S New-MailboxExportRequest - EXPAND 10 item import limit (PST IMPORTS) Exchange Server Administration 3
W RECOVERY SOLUTION FOR OUTLOOK 2007 .PST WHEN IT'S REACHED 2 GB LIMIT Using Outlook 1
M Users exceeding the MAPI connection limit Using Outlook 5
L Increasing the storage limit for the resource calendar. Using Outlook 2
L I am getting a 500 error message that I have exceded my limit on sending emails. Using Outlook 2
A 4.3.2 432 STOREDRV.Deliver; recipient thread limit exceeded Exchange Server Administration 6
L Exchange 2010 Mailbox Size Limit Exchange Server Administration 3
S Error message received saying mailbox has exceeded size limit on Office Professional Academic 2010. Using Outlook 1
M Exch 2007 / Outlook 2003 - Over message limit inconsistencies Using Outlook 1
T "The attachment exceeds the allowable size limit" in Exchange/Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
Z Qucik Fill in E-mail Is there a size limit? Using Outlook 1
J I cannot delete emails and I am over my storage limit. I have tried shift+delete and attempted to mo Using Outlook 1
H Limit the size of .pst files without affecting .ost files Using Outlook 5
H Limit the size of .pst files without affecting .ost files Using Outlook 2
S ->[O2007] Any way to know the Plain Text Wrap limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2007 - Limit size of PST (not OST) Using Outlook 3
F bcm datase limit BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G What does 'daily limit has been reached' mean in Outlook 2007? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L VBA unknown character Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C VBA to prompt for Sent folder destination Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8