Move to Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

msbask

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
We recently upgraded to Outlook 2013 (from Outlook 2010, which we used for 5 years).

In 2010, I set up (some kind of?) shortcut that allowed me to move emails to another folder. Essentially, it was a short cut to the Move to Folder window, and all I had to do was press ALT + 1, which was a very simple combo for my left hand.

Now that we've upgraded to 2013, I have absolutely no recollection of how I created this shortcut all those years ago! I've looked into macros and Quick Steps and neither seems plausible.

I'm told I have to use CTRL + SHIFT + V or use Quick Steps for CTRL + ALT + 1

Anyone have any idea how I created this ALT + 1 shortcut?

Not sure about your 2013, but my Outlook 2016 does not have Custom Keyboard Shortcut capability.

In Word and I think in older Outlook, you get to it from File/Options/Customize Ribbon, and a Keyboard Shortcut button would appear in the lower right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Can't move folder, the folder is full Using Outlook 0
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
E Search for folder by key in subject then move new message to related folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Macro to manually move selected emails to network folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Move new mail to folder based on sender address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S VBA Code to move mail items from search folder to inbox subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
S Auto move search results to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K VBA to move emails in folder to a windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S VBA to search a keyword in attachment and move to a folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
mrmmickle1 UserProperties VBA to move message to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O How to move contacts folder image of a drive Using Outlook 1
Y Move new messages to personal folder which already contains this conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Move email to folder Using Outlook 1
P move a specified email "From" tag items to a certain folder whenever there is "New Mail" in the inbo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Move Sent Items from server folder to personal folder Using Outlook 2
V move emails to windows folder and show sender details Using Outlook 7
B "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot move folder into itself" Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2007: Problem with "Move to Folder >" button on toolbar Using Outlook 6
Douglas Littlefield Macro to move mail from inbox to Managed Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
H Move outlook emails >90 days to shared drive (Desktop) Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O Script to move emails to a folder based on various possible keywords Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S how to keep "To" when move sent emails to other folder Using Outlook 1
T Messages no longer move to quote folder on shared mailbox after user adds -D to folder name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Macro Move E-mail attachments to a PC Folder Using Outlook 16
G Macro to move sent items from local folder to IMAP folder Using Outlook 4
L Move Contacts to a Folder Using Outlook 2
L Move E-Mails to Another Folder Using Outlook 66
N rule to move sent mail to the deleted folder in outlook Using Outlook 4
D Move email to same folder as the rest of the conversation Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2003 I need to move email to folder based on subject, using wild card Using Outlook 0