how to keep "To" when move sent emails to other folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinibella

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I move the sent emails to other folder, but it changed from "To" to "From". I tried to select "arranged by "To", but it keeps staying as "From". The reason I would like to have "To", so I can see the person name that I sent my email to. If staying as "From", which all defaults to my name. Please see attached file.

Thank you,
Sinibella

Attachments

• Microsoft Outlook question.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 497
Create a copy of the Sent folder's view and apply it to the folder. Select the sent folder, go to view tab, change views and choose the copy option. Then apply that view to your folder.

arrange by To groups the messages by the person they were sent to, it doesn't actually change the fields in the display. You'd need to click View settings, Fields, and remove the From field then add the To field. But copying the sent view is easier. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Outlook 2021 Can anyone explain why my Outlook views keep changing?! Using Outlook 2
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 12
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
T Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10 Using Outlook 6
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Scorpion New Contacts keep coming up as company Using Outlook 1
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
M How to keep reccurence during copy tasks to calendar? Using Outlook 1
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Karsten V Reminders keep popping up way after past reject Using Outlook 0
H Keep Original email unread after autoreply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Keep color categories when saving vCards Using Outlook 1
Mark Klaassen HOw to keep Outlook iCloud add-in enabled Using Outlook 4
R Can't keep emails synced on various devices Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
piusg 2013: Task Views keep disappearing Using Outlook 4
Dan Badur How can I keep indenting OFF on replies in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 1
K Deleted emails keep coming back Using Outlook 3
D Need Help with Script. Keep getting Runtime Error 438 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A How to add personal notes to a meeting - and keep them if update sent? Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
B Closing Exchange service, how to keep all calendar and mail data? Exchange Server Administration 0
D How to keep Outlook 7 open to full screen Using Outlook 2
S How do I keep my old PST file as default Exchange Server Administration 1
Z Keep Unread Messages in same folder Using Outlook 2
L Oulook always "disconnected" how do I keep it open all of the time? Using Outlook 1
P emails with attachments keep sending... HELP!!! Using Outlook 4
F Not keep sort order after re-change column Using Outlook 1
M How do you keep sent emails in the PST folder in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
N Contact Groups - names keep changing from Contacts to AddressBook Using Outlook 5
M Reminders keep coming to users' calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
L Outlook 2010 - Keep getting "Corrupted File" Msgs Using Outlook 4
W Outlook 2010 Share calendar but keep color formatting Using Outlook 2
mrje1 Assigned Categories keep getting deleted in mail, bug? How to fix if possible? Using Outlook 5
S Reminders keep popping up, even after dismissing them Using Outlook 9
T Outlook keep loosing connection to the exchange server Using Outlook 1
P deleted items keep reappearing in my deleted folder Using Outlook 4
P Stationary and view layout keep changing after reboot? Using Outlook 1
Y MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2007 - i KEEP GETTING THE "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD" BOX POPPING UP - IT IS ALREADY Using Outlook 4
A How to keep all conversations expanded? Using Outlook 3
Q I cannot start Outlook 2007 I keep getting this error: __'Cannot start outlook window. Invalid XML,the view cannot be loaded.' Using Outlook 3
S Deleted messages keep coming back Using Outlook 7
A Keep format of message in the body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How do I keep old calendar events from disappearing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R keep track of the original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Reminders keep appearing without being requested BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3