Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)"

TBrown

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
A constituent of mine received a rather long e-mail today that contained the phrase "(Please keep confidential)" about half way through the e-mail. I was a cc: recipient of the e-mail. However, my e-mail showed up in Outlook, but terminated just prior to the (Please keep confidential) line. The main recipient of the e-mail reported to me some content in his e-mail that was not in mine. I could tell that he was the main recipient and I was cc:'ed. It appears to me that there may be a feature in Outlook of which I am not aware that allows the sender to send an entire e-mail to the main recipient, but restrict certain content for the cc: recipients. Perhaps the phrase (Please keep confidential) triggers something in Outlook that causes the remainder of the e-mail to not show in Outlook. Is anyone aware of such a feature, and how might I find out more about it?

TBrown

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Diane - thanks for your response. The sender has an iMac, so I think he uses the e-mail client that comes with OS X. I will need to ask him tomorrow. But while my e-mail in Outlook is terminated at the (Please keep confidential) phrase, the entirety of the e-mail is also displayed on my ISP server (www.swcp.com). There is no termination of the e-mail nor missing text on the ISP server - just my Outlook client e-mail. And it has terminated on both my desktop and my laptop version of Outlook. I have used Outlook for about 20 years or so and have never seen anything like it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I will see if i can repro on my mac. It's definitely not a feature I'm aware of on mac - either its done with the magic of css or outlook didn't download the entire message.

Right click on the very bottom - if you see View source, click it and see if you see the full message in the source code.