Current View Pane for Contacts missing from Outlook 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Edwards

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello - I'm updating from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2016.
In Outlook 2007 Contacts I have lots of differently defined Current View's which would show up in the Navigation Pane when you select show Current View Pane.

images

I can't find how to replicate this in Outlook 2016? The Navigation Pane seems to have been renamed to the Folder Pane and I only seem able to see the list of my Current View's under the drop down arrow shown below, however this only shows my defined Current View's as Yellow Envelope Icon's with 10 characters for a description which isn't sufficient to identify which view I'm looking for.

upload_2017-3-8_19-8-12.png

I use my defined views very effectively to manage my contacts (now people in Outlook 2016) so this is an important feature for me. Can this be done in Outlook2016 - any suggestions?
Thanks for any replies.

The views should migrate with the mailbox or data file but that view list in the navpane is no longer supported. (Removed as of 2010). The views will be listed under change views - and you can add that command to the quick access toolbar for fast access, but will still need to expand it.

(Not sure why they gave it the arrow icon - and unfortunately, it can't be changed. :()
qat-views.png

oh, and the views will be in the Current view box on the Home ribbon - click the arrow to expand it to see the all of the views. The max it will show is 6 views, if there is room for it to expand on the ribbon. A list view would be nice here, but unfortunately, it's all icons. :(
current-view.png

Just a quick note to say thanks for your explanation. Ended up on Office2010 with the same issue but at least back in familiar territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 2010 won't save 'current view' with reading pane at 'bottom' Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2007 Save Current View,Font,Toolbar Settings Using Outlook 6
M Change default Current View on People Using Outlook 1
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
S Count of Contacts In Current View BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Customize current view (in Account List) Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Q Remove filter from current view - outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
F "This action is not available in the current mode" Using Outlook 0
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
T Attach Current File to a new Email Using Outlook 0
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
C Outlook VBA to set current account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2013 Want to file a note after filtering with search current mailbox Using Outlook 3
R Inbox search, current folder, it's in there-but not found. Using Outlook 2
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Auto Create new Task upon Current Task completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 28
R how to get Outlook VBA code to work on the current folder Using Outlook 3
C Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot ... Using Outlook 1
E Calendar Thumbnail current day background color Using Outlook 3
G How can I identify in VBA if the current window is an item or a folder? Using Outlook 3
C Hover display of DL shows original owner, not current Using Outlook 2
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
T Outlook makes every appointment recurring and set to the current date/time Using Outlook 2
D Save Current email in Directory. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L create new mail item from current item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K insert text into current position of pointer in mailcompose Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S VBA access current contact? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S get current position in message body of mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Toolbar button to process current mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Re: how to access current text selection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T date/time field, current year Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T current cursor position in the reply event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: How to specify the "current entry id" to GetItemFromID? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Re: mailItem.HTMLBody should retrieve only current text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Protected View - Files fail, no banner Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Problem when requesting to view an email in a browser Using Outlook 0
S Inconsistent view of To-Do List Using Outlook 0
C View doesn't refresh (fields or formatting) Using Outlook 1
D Unable to view older emails in desktop app Using Outlook 0
Commodore MHT files (from "View in browser") Using Outlook 7