my outlook calendar.dot

Discussion in 'Calendar Printing Assistant' started by kkathy, Aug 13, 2013.

1. kkathy

kkathy

Is there an updated "my outlook calendar.dot" for Win 8, Outlook 2013? I have been looking for something to replace my calendar program due to an upgrade at work that makes it no longer is compatible. I tried "My outlook calendar.dot" at home and loved it because it prints out my outlook events perfectly! However, it will not run on my work computer on Win8/Outlook2013 32bit.

I hope that I'm posting in the right forum.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

It should work - I tested it not too long ago and it worked. Do you have macro security set to low?

3. kkathy

kkathy

I will try it again at work an write down the error message that I received. Perhaps I didn't set the macro security to low. I hope it works because this little .dot file is amazing and did the best job out of the few other alternatives that I was checking out.

I appreciate your response and will check back here after I retry it tomorrow.

4. kkathy

kkathy

I retried the file at work today and got the same error as before and it gaves me a few choices... one choice was to "debug" the coding. When I pressed that button, it brought me to "view codes" (as if I had pressed "alt F11") and a section was hi-lighted in yellow which I'm assuming that was the problem area. I didn't change a thing and just closed it. I re-tried a few more times and it successfully ran every time afterwards. So, I'm not sure what caused the error message.... perhaps I didn't handle the security macos setting properly the first couple times. Anyhoo... I am sooooooooooooooo happy that it works.... it's awesome!

5. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

If you are getting a debug error, it's not security. I need the error message and what line was highlighted.

Screenshot from 64-bit version: http://screencast.com/t/jJn0snHW

I tested it in both the business suite (64bit) and home premium (32bit).

6. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

BTW, there is a bug in the code somewhere, the calendar should draw fine - but the macro never stops after the calendar is finished. It's possible that it will stop before its finished if you create a multi-month calendar (but it worked fine for 6 months calendar for me). Only the month format seems to be affected - the weekly calendar doesn't trigger the error.

7. kkathy

kkathy

Set objShape = ActiveDocument.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, _
    sLeftPos, _
    sTopPos, sWidthPos, sHeightPos)

I did a screen shot of the "view code" window. The above is what was highlighted in the coding. I only use the montly calendar. Hmmm.... I can't remember if I was testing one month or several months when I got the error.

8. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

That is not the eventual error that I got when it finally stopped here. I'll see what I can figure out.

9. Micheal Ivan

Micheal Ivan

Your answer is really helpful for me . Thank you .