Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365

Post number 13 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarvMan

OS Version(s)
  1. Windows
  2. iOS
  3. Android
Outlook version
Outlook 365 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

Using Outlook version 2106 Build 14131.20278

Typically I toggle from email to calendar and back using the navigation bar at the bottom of screen.
When toggling back to email, the upper body of the screen shows the calendar outline, but with no appointment text.
Sliding the mouse pointer upwards will restore the email display.

I have used Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to completely remove Office.
And finally performed a fresh Office install.

However, the problem still occurs.

That is a screen redraw problem. It can mean the video driver is a problem or you are low on resources.

Does it do it all the time or only after you've been using the computer for a long time?

I am using a Surface Pro 4:
i7, 16 GB Ram, and the Iris Graphics 540 is up-to-date.

Typically occurs on a regular basis.

PS - I have also noticed on Microsoft Community that another user is experiencing the same issue.
Office 365 Outlook calendar appears in in box

Hi again,

Today I rolled back MS Office 365 to May 24th version 2105 Build 14026.20246.
However, performing the toggle from email-calendar-email resulted in the same display issue.
Perhaps this is not an Outlook issue ... and possibly a Windows 10 issue.

Your thoughts please.

Screw redraw issues tend to be driver-related - but they can appear to only be a problem in Outlook because it's a resource hog. Does it do it in Safe mode?

This is the April 23 2021 build, which I consider the last known good build at this point in time. You could try it - but I give it maybe 20% chance of fixing the problem.

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

Hi Diane,

The problem does not occur in Safe mode.
I also tried with all add-ins removed and same issue.
This issue began in early July.

Hi Diane,

The problem does not occur in Safe mode.
I also tried with all add-ins removed and same issue.
This issue began in early July.
Here's a screen shot of this issue:
Outlook 365.JPG

Also had a remote session with Microsoft support, no solution, they will report this issue to the Outlook developers team.

Thanks for following up.
No, the problem still exists within an up-to-date environment.
I have Windows ver 21H1 Build 19043.1237 and Office ver 2108 Build 14326.20404 Click to run.
Microsoft Community presently shows 5 users experiencing this problem, as follows:

July 7
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...look-365/d8cc810b-c52b-41e4-9219-10b4bc7d22a5

July 14
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-in-box/7651b1d8-670c-4533-a525-ffee7a0181dc

July 22
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-in-box/5d176d6c-a556-4b46-a157-2e542a861a19

August 19
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...calendar/e79ffa62-ba28-40a9-a87c-be3765634654

August 23
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d-emails/41ccea9d-296e-46e8-8ad0-7d453ed826e7

Because its not widespread, it appears to be a driver or something unique to the computers. If you have a business subscription, you (your email admin) can open a support case and they'll do more testing than available to consumers.

What video card do you have?
What computer make/model?

I already have a Microsoft Support case dating back to August 11th.
They connected to my Surface Pro 4 and performed several assessments, however, the best they could do was to "report this issue to our Outlook developers team".
The Iris Graphics 540 display adapter is up-to-date.

Today I noticed a new Outlook version 2109 Build 14430.20234 that has now resolved this display problem.
Outlook for Microsoft 365 Apps Feature Update for September 2021 identifies this fix:
"Fixed an issue in Outlook where custom VSTO controls stopped working after opening and switching between multiple windows and views." (VSTO is Visual Studio Tools for Office)
Thank you Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Visual indicator of a certain property or to show a macro toggle Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Toggle the Reading Pane using Keyboard Shortcut Using Outlook 0
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Stationery using between OL 2019 and OL 2010 Using Outlook 0
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S Moving Emails Between Archive Folders Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
K Macro to search emails between two time slots on public folders with excel export Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
H Sync Contacts between Office 365 and Gmail. Exchange Server Administration 3
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
V Difference between attachment displayname and filename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Passing Attachments between forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Is it possible to have contacts sync real-time between Outlook and iCloud? Using Outlook 1
W Sync categories between Exchange and 2007 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Updating between Smartphone and PC Using Outlook 3
M moving custom field data between outlook and excel? Using Outlook 4
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
Commodore Difference between Facebook entries in browser vs. people pane Using Outlook 2
P Sync 2013 calendar between 2 devices -Surface 2 and Desktop using Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
X When travel between time zones Calendar Daily Items a fixed times vs Meetings? Using Outlook 2
Y Search/list all emails sent between 6pm to 12am in the past 30 days Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 Delete and Paste Between Fields Using Outlook 25
X VBA: Confused with variables between ThisOutlookSession and UserForm Using Outlook 1
R Slow Calendar Synch Between Outlook 2013 and iCloud Using Outlook 5
B Syncing Outlook 2010 between two computers Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Difference between export and archive? Using Outlook 10
F I want simple syncing between my 3 PCs and Android devices. Using Outlook 1
S Syncing Email Between Computers Using Outlook 6
S Share between 2000 and 2010 Using Outlook 3
A Network Permissions for sharing calenders between exchange severs Using Outlook 1
S Calendar sharing problmes between Outlook 2007 & 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
R Share ost between connector and exchange cache mode = "everything everywhere" Using Outlook 3
J switching BCM between to computers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Copying data between atbs in a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Public folder replication between Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
T Categories not persisted between sessions in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
L Programmatically moving between pages in a form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Difference between UserProperties and ItemProperties? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4