Status
Not open for further replies.

Suamere

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Using an exchange 2003 environment.

A user on Outlook 2000 has their user calendar, as well as the "other calendar" they have created. They go to each calendar's Sharing, and add my name, apply, OK.

I go onto my Outlook 2010 and I don't see any email invitation. Of course, I can go into View Shared Calendar, and can select the user's name and view their user calendar. But I don't care about that user's calendar, I want to view the "other calendar" they created.

We have repeated the steps a few times, but can't seem to get access to the user's other calendars they created on their Outlook 2000. I do not receive invitation emails when they share with me.

Is this a known issue?

Shared subfolders won't open using the Open other users folders command, you need to add the mailbox to your profile. Because you already have permission to the default calendar, everything should be set correctly but just in case, instructions are available at open shared subfolder.

Thanks. The instructions are as follows: (From howto-outlook.com)

Jack wants to share "Secondary Calendar" to Jill.
Jack right-clicks on "Secondary Calendar" and adds Jill as an Owner in the "permissions" tab.
Jack then right-clicks on the overall "Mailbox - Jack" header at the very top of the folder list and selects "properties"
Jack then adds Jill, and checks "folder visible"
Jill then goes into her Outlook and clicks Tools>Email Accounts, selects "View or change existing email accounts", clicks next, selects her exchange account, and clicks "change", then clicks "More Settings" then clicks "Advanced", then adds "Jack" to her "Open these additional mailboxes" list, then restarts outlook.
Jill can now see "Mailbox - Jack" in her list, or can simply go to calendar view and check off any of his calendars that she has read access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Share ost between connector and exchange cache mode = "everything everywhere" Using Outlook 3
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
M Unable to share 2019 calendar Using Outlook 0
D How To Combine Share Task Folders in just one Folder Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
S automate save the .xlxs file to share Network Using Outlook 1
R Can't Send calendar share invite Using Outlook 5
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Making Outlook default client in share charm Using Outlook 4
Miquela I need to make a calendar to share here at work with 40 other people Using Outlook 1
smokiibear Share Office 365 Tasks such that Other Users also Are Alerted with Reminder Using Outlook 1
T How to share Outlook SUBfolders Using Outlook 3
C Moving BCM Database to Server Share BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Share calendar but don't share categories Exchange Server Administration 1
D can you share a bcm database with 2 different versions of windows? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L Can't share email folders Exchange Server Administration 1
K Outlook keeps prompting for Microsoft username and password for share calendar Using Outlook 0
L Archive Shared Folders for all to Share Using Outlook 0
R Share mailbox issue Exchange Server Administration 0
B Is there a simple way to share email folders w/o exchange server? Using Outlook 0
C How do I share/post my calendar to public folders Exchange Server Administration 3
W Outlook 2010 Share calendar but keep color formatting Using Outlook 2
A Share recurrent events with others Using Outlook 2
P Created new profile, how do I share existing contacts/calendar? Using Outlook 1
S Can't share contacts in Outlook on MS Exchange Server??? Exchange Server Administration 1
R Disable request to share a calendar Using Outlook 1
S share Outlook folders with other old versions Using Outlook 1
H Cannot share calendar, global address book not updating Exchange Server Administration 1
P Share Outlook 2011 Calendar Using Outlook 2
R Best way to share outlook calendar with 10 laptops Using Outlook 9
J Can multiple exchange users share same categories? Exchange Server Administration 4
N How do you share your business contact manager with coworkers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
I Can I share BCM V2 Database on 2003 by using BCM Data Admin Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Post form into share calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S share business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
P Database User Share Disconnecting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
S can't share databse BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Q Opening email from a share breaks add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
J Can't Share Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Stationery using between OL 2019 and OL 2010 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0