Database User Share Disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pas926

We're using Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager. The database resides on a

computer that is almost always on, though it may get rebooted occasionally.

I've been able to connect other users to the database but after a few days

they don't stay connected. I have to go back to workstation with the

database re-add them them and then re-connect the users. Does anyone know why

this might be happening?
 
L

Luther Blissett

On Jul 26, 11:35 pm, pas926 <pas...> wrote:
> We're using Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager.  The database resides on a
> computer that is almost always on, though it may get rebooted occasionally.  
> I've been able to connect other users to the database but after a few days
> they don't stay connected.  I have to go back to workstation with the
> database re-add them them and then re-connect the users. Does anyone knowwhy
> this might be happening?


You mean the users are getting dropped from the (Windows) server's

list of user, or dropped from the database?
 
P

pas926

They are being dropped from the server's lists of users

"Luther Blissett" wrote:


> On Jul 26, 11:35 pm, pas926 <pas...> wrote:
> > We're using Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager. The database resides on a
> > computer that is almost always on, though it may get rebooted occasionally.
> > I've been able to connect other users to the database but after a few days
> > they don't stay connected. I have to go back to workstation with the
> > database re-add them them and then re-connect the users. Does anyone know why
> > this might be happening?


> You mean the users are getting dropped from the (Windows) server's
> list of user, or dropped from the database?
>
 
L

Luther Blissett

On Jul 31, 4:38 pm, pas926 <pas...> wrote:
> They are being dropped from the server's lists of users

> "Luther Blissett" wrote:
> > On Jul 26, 11:35 pm, pas926 <pas...> wrote:
> > > We're using Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager.  The database resides on a
> > > computer that is almost always on, though it may get rebooted occasionally.  
> > > I've been able to connect other users to the database but after a fewdays
> > > they don't stay connected.  I have to go back to workstation with the
> > > database re-add them them and then re-connect the users. Does anyone know why
> > > this might be happening?

>
> > You mean the users are getting dropped from the (Windows) server's
> > list of user, or dropped from the database?-




I don't anything in Windows that will automatically drop a user. If

you work for an organization that has an IT department that centrally

configures Windows, you could check with them if they run a script

that regularly purges certains types of users from machines.
 
P

pas926

thanks I appreciate the help

"Luther Blissett" wrote:


> On Jul 31, 4:38 pm, pas926 <pas...> wrote:
> > They are being dropped from the server's lists of users
> > "Luther Blissett" wrote:
> > > On Jul 26, 11:35 pm, pas926 <pas...> wrote:
> > > > We're using Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager. The database resides on a
> > > > computer that is almost always on, though it may get rebooted occasionally.
> > > > I've been able to connect other users to the database but after a few days
> > > > they don't stay connected. I have to go back to workstation with the
> > > > database re-add them them and then re-connect the users. Does anyone know why
> > > > this might be happening?

> >
> > > You mean the users are getting dropped from the (Windows) server's
> > > list of user, or dropped from the database?-

>


> I don't anything in Windows that will automatically drop a user. If
> you work for an organization that has an IT department that centrally
> configures Windows, you could check with them if they run a script
> that regularly purges certains types of users from machines.
>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E [SOLVED] Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
C BCM database second user BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Where are User-defined fields stored in BCM 2010 database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Where does BCM store User-Defined fields in the database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A Moving Public Folders to New Database Exchange Server Administration 3
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
wallisellener "The database name cannot exceed 50 characters" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Encrypting Exchange Database Exchange Server Administration 0
R Outlook Database to a non-Outlook PC Using Outlook 10
M Modifying BCM Database using Access BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
crazyboy Copying BCM database from backed up mounted image to new drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A use database in other office BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Recover/preserve space in database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P Restoring old sbb database in existing one BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
J Install BCM Client without an local SQl Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
M Sharing of BCM database across the internet BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Chris Grew Sharing BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
M BCM remote database connection issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Updating the database based on received task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J What exactly does the BCM Database tool actually do? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J How do I get the database tool to recognize my data file? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Moving BCM Database to Server Share BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K BCM - Connecting to Shared Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Can't see database in multiuser BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Passive Mailbox database Resynchronization issue Exchange Server Administration 1
J Can the BCM Database tool be used over VPN? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
D can you share a bcm database with 2 different versions of windows? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
T BCM database scheme BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
E BCM Database Tool Using Outlook 2
G "database is not compatible with BCM for Outlook 2013" & more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L BCM database not listed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
wallisellener database creation failed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J No errors from BCM 2007 but can't see database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P BCM 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2), attachment issue n database size BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T BCM Cannot See Existing Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
R catalog Content Index failed-Unable to mount database.(hr=0x80004005,ec=-501) Exchange Server Administration 0
T Shared BCM database on remote server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C My BCM Database is no longer available to be shared with the Database Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
wallisellener Server configuration for BCM 2013 shared database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 15
S Cannot Find Shared Database on Remote Computer BCM (Business Contact Manager) 13
M BCM in Outlook reports maximum database size to 4GB despite SQL Server 2008 R2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M "No database found" but successful connection to SQL server.What am I missing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
A delete database --> record remnants ?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3

Similar threads

Top