BCM Cannot See Existing Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMCUSER1

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks in advance for reading my post. Under the account name John T. Smith in Outlook, I set up BCM for outlook 2010 and created my database which I used for 6 months. Due to some Exchange issues recently (which have since been fixed), we had to delete our mail profiles and recreate them. my outlook account is now jsmith@johnsmithco.com (changed the names obviously). I have reinstalled BCM and when I try to access the local database created under John T. Smith, it doesn't "see" it in the database list. When I try to create a new one with the same MSS... name as jsmith@johnsmithco.com, it says that the database is already available (but again doesn't see it in the list) so I know that it's still there. I have done some searching with respect to this issue and apparently it is an ownership issue. I tried starting outlook as the administrator but again it doesn't see the database. Any suggestions on how I can get ownership changed and/or BCM to see the database? Thanks! Dave.

Did you make a new windows account? The windows account, not email account, control sharing.

Good morning Diane - Thank you for responding so quickly to my post. I did not create a new windows account, only a new email account onto a new exchange 2010 server (old one completely crashed during an unexpected power outage). I actually found the workaround that you published a while ago to restore the database that is "missing" in the BCM database list during setup. The restore involved copying the BCM database and log files away from the original folder, having BCM create a new database with the same name, turn off BCM services, re-copy the database files back to the folder and restarting the services. When I did this, BCM saw the database immediately and accessed it without problems! I know that this is an unsanctioned way to do it but it worked, so thank you again for that post - it saved me and my database. Thanks again for your help - it is much appreciated! Regards, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J BCM 2010 - New user cannot connect to remote DB BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Cannot install BCM 2010-"Outlook 2010 Not Installed" but it is! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A BCM 2010. Cannot open this item. Error loading form. Some of neede BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
T Error 'Database msdb cannot be opened' when backing up BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Cannot find any BCM databases on the computer BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J BCM Account cannot see BCM Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Cannot add accounts to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Cannot seem to use BCM Database Tool on SQL Server 2008 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
C Cannot Connect to BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM Database cannot be loaded BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P BCM conditional formatting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Marketing task MS BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
S BCM Compulsory field, New opportunity Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A BCM does not work anymore! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S BCM Auto Backup Data and Customizations BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
T BCM 2010 randmoly going offline BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M At last a BCM alternative... Outlook Customer Mngr 365! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S BCM view customization BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K BCM Reports: Timeout Expired BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K BCM hide subfolders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Trial/Beta program for BCM replacement BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
A BCM crashes immediately after start BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Two Problems with BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Latest updates kill BCM 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Where are BCM User Customizations located? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016: No BCM Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016: No BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 17
wallisellener BCM and MSSQL2012 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Can I use BCM projects for this BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R BCM Reporting of repeat calendar entries BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Eduardo Macias BCM 2013 with SQL Express 2014 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
A Upgrade BCM System from 2010 to 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0